Extensions You’d Like to See

Chicago White Sox

43 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It's a little hard to figure out the exact arb numbers because some guys (Lopez) might not be kept, but assuming they keep Giolito, Lopez, Fry, Marshall, Engel, and Fry, they're somewhere in the $125-$130m range in 2022, without Lynn (and without any RF addition). So, keeping Lynn = already at $150 million.

And that works for me!

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

It certainly wouldn't be worst than the cubs by any means.  Those 3 cubs players are absolute shit stank garbage.  The 4 sox players are still very much productive. 

Time will tell what they will be doing the next three seasons, older players decline by and large, some slowly, some drastically.

As far as "shit stank garbage" is concerned, Heyward outperformed the legendary Adam Eaton by an average of 1.35 bWAR every season since 2016 (1.9, 0.9, 0.4, 2.2).

Team needs to extend the core, replace the old players as their contracts expire and not commit new money to old players.

53 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Time will tell what they will be doing the next three seasons, older players decline by and large, some slowly, some drastically.

As far as "shit stank garbage" is concerned, Heyward outperformed the legendary Adam Eaton by an average of 1.35 bWAR every season since 2016 (1.9, 0.9, 0.4, 2.2).

Team needs to extend the core, replace the old players as their contracts expire and not commit new money to old players.

Newsflash - Eaton is under contract for 1y/8m, while Heyward is under contract for 3y/72.5m

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

44 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Newsflash - Eaton is under contract for 1y/8m, while Heyward is under contract for 3y/72.5m

Well, the same could and has been said for Grandal's and Keuchel's deals. Hahn's burner accounts don't acknowledge the dollars committed there, and the subsequent restrictions that lead to horseshit signings, be it Parrot and Mazara last year, or Eaton this year. They money "has been spent", Grandal can't catch, and Keuchel sucked ass his last appearance. That's my point, extend the core, don't commit all of your money to these old guys in decline because you or Tony get a chubby watching guys good several years ago.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Well, the same could and has been said for Grandal's and Keuchel's deals. Hahn's burner accounts don't acknowledge the dollars committed there, and the subsequent restrictions that lead to horseshit signings, be it Parrot and Mazara last year, or Eaton this year. They money "has been spent", Grandal can't catch, and Keuchel sucked ass his last appearance. That's my point, extend the core, don't commit all of your money to these old guys in decline because you or Tony get a chubby watching guys good several years ago.

You had a lot of hot takes in just one paragraph.. Kudos to you.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This post is completely absurd.  Keuchel had a 1.99 ERA and was one of only two good starters on the team last year.  Grandal was basically the player everyone expected and can actually catch despite what all the McStanns say.  I get you hate LaRussa with a passion, but Lance Lynn is a high end pitcher and the Sox wanted him before LaRussa entered the fold.  This idea that we can somehow avoid veterans is pure nonsense, it’s simply a part of doing business.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

You're really bad at this. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This post is completely absurd.  Keuchel had a 1.99 ERA and was one of only two good starters on the team last year.  Grandal was basically the player everyone expected and can actually catch despite what all the McStanns say.  I get you hate LaRussa with a passion, but Lance Lynn is a high end pitcher and the Sox wanted him before LaRussa entered the fold.  This idea that we can somehow avoid veterans is pure nonsense, it’s simply a part of doing business.

Nobody is saying completely avoid veterans. Saying you need to commit money to better free agents and the core. One or two complimentary veterans is one thing, committing half of payroll to four guys approaching mid 30s if you extend Lynn is another. You can't expect guys in their mid 30s to produce what they did several years ago and commit half of your payroll to declining old guys. Also, there is no guarantee JR's tightwad ass will spend a single dollar more than the past two seasons. And Keuchel won't be facing this horseshit slate of Central Division only opponents in the future.

Keuchel skipped starts at the end of last year and then got shelled in the meaningful game he pitched. Oh yeah, I forgot, it was Ricky's fault.  Already declining with three years on his pact if he manages to vest, still hasn't pitched this Spring. Speaking of which Grandal still hasn't squatted behind home this Spring, despite all his Stans crowing how he is a lock to catch 120 games. 

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Nobody is saying completely avoid veterans. Saying you need to commit money to better free agents and the core. One or two complimentary veterans is one thing, committing half of payroll to four guys approaching mid 30s if you extend Lynn is another. You can't expect guys in their mid 30s to produce what they did several years ago and commit half of your payroll to declining old guys. Also, there is no guarantee JR's tightwad ass will spend a single dollar more than the past two seasons. And Keuchel won't be facing this horseshit slate of Central Division only opponents in the future.

Keuchel skipped starts at the end of last year and then got shelled in the meaningful game he pitched. Oh yeah, I forgot, it was Ricky's fault.  Already declining with three years on his pact if he manages to vest, still hasn't pitched this Spring. Speaking of which Grandal still hasn't squatted behind home this Spring, despite all his Stans crowing how he is a lock to catch 120 games. 

Did you miss your nap time today?

5 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Both Beef tweets deleted now?

Apparently based on this tweet.  Al’s is the king of the tweet & delete but then acknowledges it for some odd reason.  Also, not trying to doubt his connections, but if an extension gets announced this week with Vaughn, it’s Harold and not Al’s Beef who deserves the credit.  Al’s been money on a lot of things this offseason, but he has been doubting a Vaughn extension for most of the offseason.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Apparently based on this tweet.  Al’s is the king of the tweet & delete but then acknowledges it for some odd reason.  Also, not trying to doubt his connections, but if an extension gets announced this week with Vaughn, it’s Harold and not Al’s Beef who deserves the credit.  Al’s been money on a lot of things this offseason, but he has been doubting a Vaughn extension for most of the offseason.  

At least he is giving us something more to talk about. In Al's I trust.

8 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

At least he is giving us something more to talk about. In Al's I trust.

Oh trust me, I love the discussion, just becoming a bit annoyed with the dude as he claimed he wasn’t in it for the attention and then literally spends hours on end talking about the haters and bragging about everything he had first.  This time he didn’t have it first if it does materialize.