White Sox are still a World Series Contender

vilehoopster

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

But the same positive threads over and over again that call out anyone who thinks something not positive, enticing a response, are somehow fine. Good stuff as always, Kyle. Calling it Hypocritical would be putting your stance lightly.

Yes, I know you want me to yell at people for being excited for the season.   Noted

38 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hmmm who is more likely to fill their holes by acquiring quality players via money at the deadline. The team that's done it every year for 4 decades or the team who has the 15th ranked payroll in baseball during an all-in year?

QFT.

I really don't understand the widespread lack of logic and basic analysis around here. None of these things are hard to put together. The idea that you can't be critical of something being done poorly and love the team is such absurdity.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

QFT.

I really don't understand the widespread lack of logic and basic analysis around here. None of these things are hard to put together. The idea that you can't be critical of something being done poorly and love the team is such absurdity.

All I can say some don't know the difference between being positive and being delusional.

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

QFT.

It's absurd because it's not real. That hasn't happened here. You can't cite a single of instance of anyone actually believing that. 

Someone complaining about you or other posters just beating the same dead horse over and over about the same points is quite different than people objecting to critical points around the team. For example, I have plenty of gripes about how this organization has performed over the last decade plus, and have posted them....multiple times. It's also not the only content I post. The majority of my posts are not responding to people saying "According to me, your logic is flawed and that makes you ignorant, here is why I'm right and the Sox aren't as good as you think they are." When that type of content seems like it's the majority of what comes from a certain poster.....that's where the objection comes in. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tony said:

It's absurd because it's not real. That hasn't happened here. You can't cite a single of instance of anyone actually believing that. 

Someone complaining about you or other posters just beating the same dead horse over and over about the same points is quite different than people objecting to critical points around the team. For example, I have plenty of gripes about how this organization has performed over the last decade plus, and have posted them....multiple times. It's also not the only content I post. The majority of my posts are not responding to people saying "According to me, your logic is flawed and that makes you ignorant, here is why I'm right and the Sox aren't as good as you think they are." When that type of content seems like it's the majority of what comes from a certain poster.....that's where the objection comes in. 

4 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Hahn may be the worst executive ever but he is far from a bad negotiator.  He was burned with prolonging the process into the spring in the past.   Joc may have gotten the Sox and cubs into a bidding war and made more money.  Seems like Joc and his agent are the one's that was burned but that doesn't fit the White Sox are cheap Hahn sucks narrative of the self loathing sector of Soxtalk.

This thread is the culmination of a long and for some reason dreary Soxtalk offseason that saw Soxtalk clamoring for them to spend money then piss and moan about the money that was spent previously.  Trade for veterans and take on money then tell everyone that Dane Dunning is the next Shane Bieber.

I am still waiting for Tim Anderson to demand a trade because the manager is a right wing lunatic.

The veteran catcher that had a great spring was released to open two opportunities for young players, the years of service game was once again not a part of the White Sox business model but yet here we are again pissing and moaning in the thread that was created to talk about the potential of the White Sox.

I really think this site is more trolls than fans or maybe White Sox fans really just do hate the White Sox.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

That's yet to be seen, but it isn't as if the Sox have never made big acquisitions during the season before.  Right now sox and Yankees both have issues

We tend to error on the side of name (Manny Ramirez, Ken Griffey, Jr., Rollins, Youkilis) than current production ability.

It remains to be seen what they’ll do THIS season.  

But hey, there’s hope...Keuchel for one season at least was better than advertised.

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We tend to error on the side of name (Manny Ramirez, Ken Griffey, Jr., Rollins, Youkilis) than current production ability.

It remains to be seen what they’ll do THIS season.  

But hey, there’s hope...Keuchel for one season at least was better than advertised.

Ok, I'm good man.  

• Haha 1

I do find it ironic that last year I was blasted for not being overly negative and accused of being rick hahn, his son, Don Cooper, and Ricky renteria. 

Then this year I'm now "too" negative for being upset that the Sox leadership didn't fulfill their promises to the fan base that was ever so patient. 

When the games start, results are driven by players (not coaches or GMs.) In the off season its the front office and coaches job to give those players the best resources and chances to maximize their outcomes and abilities. The White Sox did not do that this off season or last after promising to do exactly that. That's the problem. 

If this forum is supposed to only consist of eternal optimism, sans any rational critique then carry on.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I do find it ironic that last year I was blasted for not being overly negative and accused of being rick hahn, his son, Don Cooper, and Ricky renteria. 

Then this year I'm now "too" negative for being upset that the Sox leadership didn't fulfill their promises to the fan base that was ever so patient. 

When the games start, results are driven by players (not coaches or GMs.) In the off season its the front office and coaches job to give those players the best resources and chances to maximize their outcomes and abilities. The White Sox did not do that this off season or last after promising to do exactly that. That's the problem. 

If this forum is supposed to only consist of eternal optimism, sans any rational critique then carry on.

Do you believe that outside of you and a few others, that everyone on this site is a well of eternal optimism 

3 hours ago, NWINFan said:

All I can say some don't know the difference between being positive and being delusional.

Yes. And what is stranger is some people seem to know it but purposely act positive just for the sake of it even in the face of obvious problems; many people tend to not be able to face and admit problems because it is too much for them or being them down too much. And in this case... it's just baseball. I love baseball a lot but not enough that it puts my sanity in jeopardy. 

2 hours ago, Tony said:

This is a flat out lie and clearly you are oblivious. It has happened and happened very often, including in this very thread.

If someone is being analytical and dissecting something and another is merely complaining that the other person is being negative because the analysis isn't being done to promote positivity, then the latter person is not being logical. They are just complaining. 

People like yourself mock the people that cite logic because people really hate it when you use logic against them and burn their egos. Period. I'm not talking about anything according to me. I'm talking about the way things objectively are in this case. I could care less what someone *thinks* 2 plus 2 is. It's 4 and always will be. If you disagree because you don't know math then that is not my problem. Complain all you want, but in reality it's futile. 

You are claiming that something that happens on a clockwork basis doesn't happen at all. It's hysterical. 

And it's a two way street. People constantly making new topics to promote blind loyalty and "positivity" is also a dead horse being beaten. Because if you constantly have to do that then it tells me you're not as confident as you lead on, otherwise it wouldn't have to be restated (reposted) over and over again. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Do you believe that outside of you and a few others, that everyone on this site is a well of eternal optimism 

No, and again I've posted plenty of excited/optimistic thoughts, this off season and before. I'm just not going to call the white sox the on-paper preseason cream of the crop in the AL. They COULD have been, but they didn't invest the necessary resources. 

And again, last year when the season actually happened I was constantly berated for being optimistic and enthusiastic and I don't recall once you coming into a thread to defend my optimism in the face of constant negativity. Weird.

This implication that my thoughts are constantly negative couldn't be more nonsensical but it all revolves around the idea that posters should post what you want them too.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Actually street weed still blows dispensary weed out of the water

What makes you say that? You can get dispensary bud that is 28% THC and very pungent + aesthetically pleasing. It can be inconsistent due to high demand, but I'd say it's generally on par with good street bud

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No, and again I've posted plenty of excited/optimistic thoughts, this off season and before. I'm just not going to call the white sox the on-paper preseason cream of the crop in the AL. They COULD have been, but they didn't invest the necessary resources. 

And again, last year when the season actually happened I was constantly berated for being optimistic and enthusiastic and I don't recall once you coming into a thread to defend my optimism in the face of constant negativity. Weird.

This implication that my thoughts are constantly negative couldn't be more nonsensical but it all revolves around the idea that posters should post what you want them too.

I am fully aware that you are displeased with the front offices lack of a desire to go for the throat this offseason, and this may surprise you, I totally agree with you.   The part of the road where we diverge is I'm just not going to let that kill my optimism for this season and I certainly am not going to kill someone else's optimism for it.  

I feel like VAFan keeps making those threads because this exact same argument keeps happening in the threads he makes and he is trying to get away from it.  

also I find it very strange that you feel like we need to police optimistic threads the same way we do negative threads.  I mean come on dude, when people are getting heated in a negative thread, it has to stop.  People normally don't get heated when someone predicts something like "Eloy will lead the league in home runs" (😢).   I dunno man, it's very odd

25 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I am fully aware that you are displeased with the front offices lack of a desire to go for the throat this offseason, and this may surprise you, I totally agree with you.   The part of the road where we diverge is I'm just not going to let that kill my optimism for this season and I certainly am not going to kill someone else's optimism for it.  

I feel like VAFan keeps making those threads because this exact same argument keeps happening in the threads he makes and he is trying to get away from it.  

also I find it very strange that you feel like we need to police optimistic threads the same way we do negative threads.  I mean come on dude, when people are getting heated in a negative thread, it has to stop.  People normally don't get heated when someone predicts something like "Eloy will lead the league in home runs" (😢).   I dunno man, it's very odd

No one is policing anything. I'm literally giving my opinion on the topic same as I do in other threads I respond too.

He keeps making the same thread because he's tired of people responding with their thoughts? Weird stuff.

Also I'm not killing anyone's optimism and I'm as excited as anyone here for baseball to start. I played the game for 19 years, 21 if we count touching a bat at 3 months lol, and play in about 20 fantasy leagues, maintain my own data and statistics, and overall love baseball. Tim anderson is my favorite player since Joe crede, if not ever, and I'm as big of an Andrew vaughn Stan as you'll find. That doesn't mean I'm going to only reap praise on the team even when there are concerns. Either way, once tomorrow comes all of this goes away. It's time to play ball. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, ron883 said:

What makes you say that? You can get dispensary bud that is 28% THC and very pungent + aesthetically pleasing. It can be inconsistent due to high demand, but I'd say it's generally on par with good street bud

It looks, tastes, and smells good and is reliably decent but I’ve never had any from a dispensary that I thought was great. I think it is a question of mass production. Handcrafted work of a skilled artisan vs. assembly line production, they aren’t taking the same care as a guy growing a a couple pounds at a time who is one or two steps away from his customer. I don’t know exactly why but dispensary cannabis has always seemed neutered to me somehow. It’s better than commercial grade, but it can’t compare to nugs I get from my pal up the street who gets it fresh straight from the source.

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

to your second point, as I have stated before it isn't negativity for me, it is constant negativity harping the exact same points in multiple threads and starting arguments regarding those same points.   When multiple posters point out that one poster is dragging threads down, it's a problem.  We don't demand saccharine sweetness here, just try and talk to people sometimes rather than tell them they are wrong every chance you get.

Oh, I get you. I think that being a charter franchise, that generally has punched below their weight, and has had many documentable mistakes over its recent history can weigh on fans, just as the promise of this team's potential can lift us up.

I still think there's a balance that can be struck, though there are those that lean either sacchariney sweet, or a bit negative; Some of the former group tend to clutch their pearls at the latter. 

5 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

giphy.gif

Yet, that site lingers... Like a case of the clap.

2 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Oh, I get you. I think that being a charter franchise, that generally has punched below their weight, and has had many documentable mistakes over its recent history can weigh on fans, just as the promise of this team's potential can lift us up.

I still think there's a balance that can be struck, though there are those that lean either sacchariney sweet, or a bit negative; Some of the former group tend to clutch their pearls at the latter. 

Yet, that site lingers... Like a case of the clap.

I don't disagree with any of this.  Especially the part about WSI being similar to the clap

2 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

This is a flat out lie and clearly you are oblivious. It has happened and happened very often, including in this very thread.

If someone is being analytical and dissecting something and another is merely complaining that the other person is being negative because the analysis isn't being done to promote positivity, then the latter person is not being logical. They are just complaining. 

People like yourself mock the people that cite logic because people really hate it when you use logic against them and burn their egos. Period. I'm not talking about anything according to me. I'm talking about the way things objectively are in this case. I could care less what someone *thinks* 2 plus 2 is. It's 4 and always will be. If you disagree because you don't know math then that is not my problem. Complain all you want, but in reality it's futile. 

You are claiming that something that happens on a clockwork basis doesn't happen at all. It's hysterical. 

And it's a two way street. People constantly making new topics to promote blind loyalty and "positivity" is also a dead horse being beaten. Because if you constantly have to do that then it tells me you're not as confident as you lead on, otherwise it wouldn't have to be restated (reposted) over and over again. 

Now when you say "logic".....you mean saying the Yankees will be much better than the Sox because "they are the Yankees" 

I know you desperately want to bang the "logic" drum but it's hard to take that seriously when you read the content of your "arguments" 

You're so full of shit. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

White Sox are World Series contenders

White Sox are World Series

White Sox are World 

White Sox are

White Sox

Weed

I’d buy this tee-shirt from the 108.

In terms of this thread, I joined in late August, because for the first time since I left WSI in the late 00s, I was excited about the White Sox prospects heading into the month of September.

I was surprised at the near universal vitriol against Ricky when I joined in late August and the Sox the best they’ve been (21-13 and tied for first), and the extreme negativity in game threads. I understand the bashing the final week, I didn’t agree with some of the moves either, but still chalk up the collapse primarily to a lack of starting pitching, which was exposed in the playoffs.

While the offseason has been a disappointment outside of the Lynn and Katz acquisitions, the season starts tomorrow and I for one am very excited. I don’t agree the Sox are likely World Series Contenders in 2021, primarily due to the fact several key pieces need to get their first full season under their belt (Robert, Vaughn, Madrigal, Kopech, Crochet, Cease), but I think they have a solid shot at being legitimate contenders the next 2-3 years with continued development if the FO can add a legitimate corner OF and maybe 1 or 2 more pieces depending on how the rookies do.

I’m also encouraged that Tony is saying and doing the right things, and the team has responded well to his and his staff’s presence and coaching. A CEO role will work well vs. a micromanager, and he has a good staff around him. Also very encouraged there were no sacred cows heading into Opening Day , with the cuts of Narron’s (Lucroy) and Katz’ (Turley) respective personal invitees. 

Go Sox!

• Like 1

The "negative" posters most times aren't  wrong.

The "positive" posters most times aren't  wrong.

I can read Ragah and VaFan ( just 2 random examples, don't beat me up!) and know that I fall somewhere in between and don't feel the need to call either one of them out for being more positive or more negative than me. 

I think we can all agree that ownership and the front office have been less than perfect over the years, and maybe this year even moreso than others. 

I think we can all agree that this team is not perfect. There are strengths and weaknesses, alot of coulda woulda shouldas, arguably the most loaded and exciting we've had in years.

Can't we all just get along?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1