Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Jack it's not gonna happen and right now it absolutely should not happen.  This would be something you decide on in 2016 at the beginning,  not something you decide on the fly in 2021 because half of your offensive core has freak injuries.  

They have too many holes to fill, no decent minor leaguers from which to trade because they drafted a ton of project HS pitchers and none of them have developed yet, and a few key players rapidly approaching free agency. If they don't get their shit together soon, a retool around the players that  team control may be appropriate. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

They have too many holes to fill, no decent minor leaguers from which to trade because they drafted a ton of project HS pitchers and none of them have developed yet, and a few key players rapidly approaching free agency. 

Ok Jack.  Enjoy the ledge

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

His year with the rays was one year 7M.

please explain the huge difference between that and Adam Eatons one year 8 million dollar contract.  Also, avi missed almost forty games that year.  That's not keeping him part time, that's injury 

fuck man, do you even research anymore 

All Balta does is watch daytime soap operas now a days. He's far removed from the MLB at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

They have too many holes to fill, no decent minor leaguers from which to trade because they drafted a ton of project HS pitchers and none of them have developed yet, and a few key players rapidly approaching free agency. 

Who are these key players rapidly appraoching FA?  The Sox core is mostly locked up.  Sure, losing 2021 version of Rodon sucks, and Lynn too.  But the Sox have a pretty damn good replacement in Kopech to step in for 1 of them, and they're going to have to sign a FA SP. 

No matter how much you try to talk the Sox ripping this core apart into reality to make yourself feel better or something, its not happening.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Jerry isn't going to spend to get proper depth at the MLB level and fill holes with actual MLB quality players, then they absolutely should be. 

So now your good with trading players not named Lynn and Rodon? Can you make up your mind 

They're obviously not going to do what I'm suggesting, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be the right thing to do. 

Hahn is better at identifying minor league talent than he is at signing free agents. 

A 2nd generation rebuild could be wildly successful. Imagine the value our young core has given their great contracts. Unprecedented value. 

Edited by ron883

They're obviously not going to do what I'm suggesting, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be the right thing to do. 

Hahn is better at identifying minor league talent than he is at signing free agents. 

Dude you always think ripping apart a team in any sport every two years is the right thing.  This is why I don't argue with you anymore.  It's nonsense 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Who are these key players rapidly appraoching FA?  The Sox core is mostly locked up.  Sure, losing 2021 version of Rodon sucks, and Lynn too.  But the Sox have a pretty damn good replacement in Kopech to step in for 1 of them, and they're going to have to sign a FA SP. 

No matter how much you try to talk the Sox ripping this core apart into reality to make yourself feel better or something, its not happening.  

Giolito only has 2 years left, Moncada and Anderson 3 (I don't think Moncada's 2025 option is getting picked up unless he starts hitting for power again) 

They have some decisions to make next year about this time. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Giolito only has 2 years left, Moncada and Anderson 3 (I don't think Moncada's 2025 option is getting picked up unless he starts hitting for power again) 

Moncada is on pace for a 5 fWAR season. What are you smoking? 

• Fire 2

They have some decisions to make next year about this time. 

Great, so none of the core is "quickly approaching FA".  Sounds good - thanks for proving my point. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can't wait for the class of 2027.

You mean 2032. Because these same characters will start wanting to trade those players too once they seem even a remote sign of struggling. 

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Dude you always think ripping apart a team in any sport every two years is the right thing.  This is why I don't argue with you anymore.  It's nonsense 

The Rays do it and have been wildly successful. 

If they're not going to be the Yankees, then be the damn Rays. 

Obviously they can spend more money than TB does, but if they're not going to be players for top of the market FA, then they need to invest in scouting and analytics and do some sort of hybrid Mid Market/Rays strategy. 

Obviously they can spend more money than TB does, but if they're not going to be players for top of the market FA, then they need to invest in scouting and analytics and do some sort of hybrid Mid Market/Rays strategy. 

I love love that you took my strategy that I made to you in jest a few days ago and now it's your argument. I'll bill you for my time. 

• Fire 1

25 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The Rays signed Avi Garcia for what, less than half of what the White Sox are paying Eaton?

They are also currently missing Glasgow, Yondy Chirinos, Josh Fleming, and Chris Archer from their starting rotation, interestingly enough.

The Rays signed Garcia in January of 2019 and Garcia makes millions more than Eaton in 2021 lol. 

Glasgow is in Scotland. Glasnow is on the IL from complications of being forced to stop cheating.

"Yondy" Chirinos is actually Yonny Chirinos.

Fleming is on the DL simply because he's sore and the Rays had an off day yesterday and have one Thursday. They can IL him, skip his start and carry an extra reliever. Plus he was slated to face Toronto who hammers lefties and they gave him trouble in two starts this year.

Archer is hurt. As he was expected to be. 

What's the point here?

• Fire 3

Again, the Rays started at the bottom with this approach.  This wasn't anything on the fly

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

The Rays signed Garcia in January of 2019 and Garcia makes millions more than Eaton in 2021 lol. 

Glasgow is in Scotland. Glasnow is on the IL from complications of being forced to stop cheating.

"Yondy" Chirinos is actually Yonny Chirinos.

Fleming is on the DL simply because he's sore and the Rays had an off day yesterday and have one Thursday. They can IL him, skip his start and carry an extra reliever. Plus he was slated to face Toronto who hammers lefties and they gave him trouble in two starts this year.

Archer is hurt. As he was expected to be. 

What's the point here?

The sky is falling, of course! 

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic