Trevor Story

soxfan49

26 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Didn't Passan literally say once that NSC has inside info?

16 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Yes, when the Lynn trade was leaked.

No. This was when there were tons of rumors that Dane Dunning would be traded. NSC told Passan than "Dunning will be traded." Dunning ended up being traded that day. Passan said well done to NSC, and told NSC he could break the news of the trade. NSC didn't know who the trade was for, so he never broke it. Passan ending up breaking news of the actual trade. 

NSC either got lucky with saying Dunning was getting traded (he throws a lot of shit out), or maybe he knew a source close to Dunning. That's all NSC has gotten right. He didn't even know the full trade. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tony said:

Very interested to see what Story costs. I just don't think he's a great fit given what I assume will be an expensive price tag.

1. Right-handed bat, his LHP much better than RHP

2. They are going to ask him to play a new position 

3. He's a .243 hitter outside of Coors

4. He's not having a stellar 2021

I don't even count him being an FA after the season as a negative....but again I just don't know if he's the right fit for this team

I don't think Story would cost THAT much.  Maybe a Burger/Sheets type + some low level back-end top 30 flyer.  They just need something better than the comp pick.  There won't be much competition for Story (outside maybe the Yanks) as the teams in contention are pretty well covered in the MI.  

I also don't love the fit, but I'd certainly support a Sheets + insert prospect rated between 20-30 in the system type deal.  Thing is, you might be able to get Escobar for just the "insert prospect rated between 20-30 in the system".  Is Story THAT much of an upgrade on Escobar, really? Then again, does Sheets really have a role on this club moving forward sans some doomsday injury scenario like we've seen this year.  Sheets (and Burger) do still have 2 more option years after this, so Sox could certainly milk that if they chose. 

Edited by ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't think Story would cost THAT much.  Maybe a Burger/Sheets type + some low level back-end top 30 flyer.  They just need something better than the comp pick.  There won't be much competition for Story (outside maybe the Yanks) as the teams in contention are pretty well covered in the MI.  

I also don't love the fit, but I'd certainly support a Sheets + insert prospect rated between 20-30 in the system type deal.  Thing is, you might be able to get Escobar for just the "insert prospect rated between 20-30 in the system".  Is Story THAT much of an upgrade on Escobar, really? Then again, does Sheets really have a role on this club moving forward sans some doomsday injury scenario like we've seen this year.  Sheets (and Burger) do still have 2 more option years after this, so Sox could certainly milk that if they chose. 

I also prefer Escobar myself if we are going the rental route. Story has actually been pretty meh this year.

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Trading Sheets to upgrade from Escobar to Story is absolutely worth it.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Trading Sheets to upgrade from Escobar to Story is absolutely worth it.

Except Escobar has been measurably better than Story this year. And is actually a 2B. You also have the reality that Story has never been that great of a hitter outside of Colorado. 

That said, I probably agree. Story is definitely a more exciting name, even tho the production may not be worth the extra acquisition cost.  

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Except Escobar has been measurably better than Story this year. And is actually a 2B. You also have the reality that Story has never been that great of a hitter outside of Colorado. 

That said, I probably agree. Story is definitely a more exciting name, even tho the production may not be worth the extra acquisition cost.  

Yeah, I'd be banking on Story being better than Escobar in the second half.  Which is a bet I'd strongly make.

3 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

If the Sox were to trade for Story and is a big help, is there any chance they try to extend him after this year?  I don't see the fit with TA and Madrigal.

Madrigal would be gone if there were legit interest in a sign.  I doubt they would.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

22 minutes ago, ron883 said:

No. This was when there were tons of rumors that Dane Dunning would be traded. NSC told Passan than "Dunning will be traded." Dunning ended up being traded that day. Passan said well done to NSC, and told NSC he could break the news of the trade. NSC didn't know who the trade was for, so he never broke it. Passan ending up breaking news of the actual trade. 

NSC either got lucky with saying Dunning was getting traded (he throws a lot of shit out), or maybe he knew a source close to Dunning. That's all NSC has gotten right. He didn't even know the full trade. 

You know he probably read and/or posted something in this thread correct?

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

If the Sox were to trade for Story and is a big help, is there any chance they try to extend him after this year?  I don't see the fit with TA and Madrigal.

No, and I don't think a ton of it even has to do with Madrigal. 

As I mentioned above, I don't think Story is a good fit given what he brings to the table....but he'll fit for someone. With Rodon and Lynn FA's......the last thing the White Sox should do is commit money to Trevor Story so he can play a position he doesn't even play for the next 5-6 years. 

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

No, and I don't think a ton of it even has to do with Madrigal. 

As I mentioned above, I don't think Story is a good fit given what he brings to the table....but he'll fit for someone. With Rodon and Lynn FA's......the last thing the White Sox should do is commit money to Trevor Story so he can play a position he doesn't even play for the next 5-6 years. 

And I don’t think he’d want to play a different position either 

18 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

You know he probably read and/or posted something in this thread correct?

Why is it everytime someone questions the guy your right there to say he's probably posting on this forum? I highly doubt that he actually is because he can't take criticism at all and would definitely not make it on this forum. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Is this finally an admission of guilt, maloney?

I don't get what he's getting at either. If he is do we have to tip toe around him because he shares hit/miss White Sox info? Didn't the stupid hamburger account say the trade was basically done? 

Edited by Baron
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Baron said:

I don't get what he's getting at either. If he is do we have to tip toe around him because he shares hit/miss White Sox info? Didn't the stupid hamburger account say the trade was basically done? 

Maybe he will drag us over the coals on Twitter. 

"Baron and ron883 of Soxtalk are chumps"

33 minutes ago, Baron said:

Why is it everytime someone questions the guy your right there to say he's probably posting on this forum? I highly doubt that he actually is because he can't take criticism at all and would definitely not make it on this forum. 

Because mostly everyone here knows that he reads this board and is probably a poster. You don’t seem to get that? 

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

But to your point, these guys are so obviously fake. If NSC isn't BSing most of his "rumors", then he has deep connections with multiple front offices and multiple agencies. Its just complete bogus. 

If he did have connections, he would have severed them long ago by constantly posting rumors.

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Because mostly everyone know here that he reads this board and is probably a poster. You don’t seem to get that?

I thought you had more meaning behind it than just a blanket statement. 

I have no doubt the Sox have a bucket of guys they would prefer to move this off season, especially considering future 40 man moves, rule 5 considerations, and out of options issues about to face the team this winter.  I am also sure they have combinations of those guys offered out to multiple teams in these discussions in multiple different threads and are pushing these teams that they have other offers out there.

In this case, I am sure the Sox have a package out for Story and one for Escobar, and the first team to pick up the phone and agree gets the prize.

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

But to your point, these guys are so obviously fake. If NSC isn't BSing most of his "rumors", then he has deep connections with multiple front offices and multiple agencies. Its just complete bogus. 

If he did have connections, he would have severed them long ago by constantly posting rumors.

My standard atleast is if you actually had connections you wouldn't be getting any of this stuff wrong(or atleast very very rarely). But when you hitting and missing what's more likely...guessing or you have connections? 

Edited by Baron

Just now, Baron said:

My standard atleast is if you actually had connections you wouldn't be getting any of this stuff wrong(or atleast very very rarely). But when you hitting and missing what's more likely...guessing or you have connections? 

That, and when it is obviously your opinion that is getting factored into your information, and not just the information.  if you are editorializing, it isn't the same thing.