7/19 - Twins @ Sox Game 2 "He is Risen: The Return of Reynaldo"

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah. I mean I just don’t think he’s there yet. But that process needs to start soon and this was certainly a natural spot. 

And that’s the other part of my post - if he isn’t there yet, then he should not be on the big league roster, he should be on a rehab assignment.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

And that’s the other part of my post - if he isn’t there yet, then he should not be on the big league roster, he should be on a rehab assignment.

Why? He’s a quite useful pen piece as is. I’m nowhere near in support of how they’ve used Kopech this year, but the dudes been unhittable. Only way I want him throwing AAA innings is if they option him to get a year back. And that ship sailed in May. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Where?  He’s clearly not an outfielder

I think he can be playable out there when 4/5 of next years rotation are guys with strikeout rates in the 30% range. I also like his bat quite a bit vs RHP whether that's mixing in a bit with Abreu at 1B or DH. I'm fine with trading Sheets, but most likely not for a rental.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I think he can be playable out there when 4/5 of next years rotation are guys with strikeout rates in the 30% range. I also like his bat quite a bit vs RHP whether that's mixing in a bit with Abreu at 1B or DH. I'm fine with trading Sheets, but most likely not for a rental.

No fit on a roster with Eloy and Vaughn. His defense is really bad in RF.

Just now, fathom said:

Probably should hunt the fastball.  Pitch count doesn’t mean anything in a 7 inning game 

Yeah, Yoan taking the meatball on pitch 1, makes no sense against a guy like Berrios, especially in a 7 inning game.