Hernandez & Tepera Activated; Burr & Mendick Optioned

ChiSox59

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

I'd keep him up over Ruiz as well, if the Sox acquire another reliever. He's pitched well and can pitch multiple innings, the Sox can use both. 

We finally have a real long man out of the pen now. 

Pecking order is probably Hendriks, Kopech, Tepera, Bummer, Crochet, Heuer, Ruiz, Lopez.

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be sending down ReyLo, over a few other folks still on the roster. Burr was the right move, he has struggled lately.

After going 42 pitches yesterday, he probably isn't available for a few days, but the Sox seem to be willing to work around it.

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Pecking order is probably Hendriks, Kopech, Tepera, Bummer, Crochet, Heuer, Ruiz, Lopez.

I'd really like to see the Sox pick up another reliever, doesn't have to be a closer, just someone decent, move Kopech to 2-4 innings as part of a tandem with Rodon. Kopech builds his arm up for post season starts or multi-innings, Rodon saves his arm for the postseason. A six man rotation for a month would be OK as well if you felt Cease and or Lucas could also use a break, some extra rest with the crazy 2020 season.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'd keep him up over Ruiz as well, if the Sox acquire another reliever. He's pitched well and can pitch multiple innings, the Sox can use both. 

I think the Sox will play with Lopez a little bit. I think soon they will give him a shot at holding a lead. I know that will freak everyone out but they also just might be content letting him pitch an inning or 2 when they are behind or spot start him since they have Tepera now but another reliever added and the Sox can seriously start getting Kopech stretched out.

47 minutes ago, chw42 said:

This simultaneously did not age well and got a glow up.

4 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

If they just dealt Heuer, wouldn’t Tepera just take his place? Meaning Burr would be sent down tomorrow for Kimbrel? Or am I missing something?

Burr got sent down for Tepera. Kimbrel replaces Heuer. If Kimbrel can't get to Chicago from DC in time then the Sox will be a guy short tonight.

Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Burr got sent down for Tepera. Kimbrel replaces Heuer. If Kimbrel can't get to Chicago from DC in time then the Sox will be a guy short tonight.

Yeah, like I said, that’s why I figured Burr wouldn’t sent down until tomorrow. But I guess there is enough time.

12 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Yeah, like I said, that’s why I figured Burr wouldn’t sent down until tomorrow. But I guess there is enough time.

The roster move happened before the Kimbrel move occurred. 

3 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

ReyLo is going to have to stay if the Sox are going to start limiting starters' innings.

I hope they monitor waivers/the free agent pool for people who can make starts and extend the rotation down the stretch