2021-22 NBA Thread

19 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Bright side is - if Bulls were going to lose - lose to Portland.  One small step to trying and ensure that 1st round pick conveys to the Bulls this year (lottery protected - so need Blazers to get final playoff spot).  

Amen. Blazers being a 6-8th seed playoff team is the best possible outcome. 

10 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Quite frankly - the Bulls committing 10 turnovers in a quarter (3rd qtr) is such an outlier given how well the team has protected the ball all season. 

They were probably tired. They've played great for this being a brutal road trip without Vuc. If they have Vuc, they win that game IMO. He's such an important piece offensively. This team will be even better when they gel. 

How the hell do we suddenly have this disciplined, athletic, clutch team? 

I know what DEN doesn’t have tonight, but the fifth game of a west coast swing in that altitude is a great win. (Waited to post this until you that foul)

• Like 1

I thought the Bulls would get bullied in Denver (of those 2 games on the road trip I thought the GS and DEN games were ones where they had no shot). Caught a break with no Jokic, they took care of business. It's still a young season but they've since answered some of the questions from earlier in the season about their legitimacy.

36 minutes ago, Quin said:

Zach LaVine man. Just, wow.

He was phenomenal especially in the 4th quarter. Just completely took over, didn't take dumb shots down the stretch and carried the team on his back. He was outstanding. 

And huge shoutout to the unsung hero Derrick Jones Jr. He was outstanding. 

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Feel bad for Coby White out there. 

I know he is just coming back but he is playing like a guy who is going to be potential trade bait for a big man. Ayo has essentially taken over his spot. He may not score the rate White can, but he has a higher basketball I.Q. 

• Like 1