2021-22 NBA Thread

9 hours ago, scs787 said:

A lot of talk about the bulls being interested in Gobert and Mitchell Robinson. 

Not sure I'd go higher than Vooch/White/1R Pick for Rudy. Sounds like it might take that AND Williams.  Definitely gonna pass on that. 

Would there be enough scoring if you signed Robinson and traded Vooch for a shooter? Do you think the Bulls would keep Vooch if they signed Robinson and bring Williams off the bench? 

No first rounder for Gobert but outside of that despite the risk I would make that deal. I am very interested in seeing what Bulls do. I still wonder what if Durant decides he wants out. 

9 hours ago, bmags said:

Yeah I kinda buy into the readings that it's not the bulls talking about it as much as everyone else. I am not sure about Gobert. Super exposed, I totally get it, in playoffs as teams neutralized him. But with the current makeup of the east wouldn't he work out a little better than the west?

Not sure where the bulls find 3pt shooting thou

Ayton seems like the better move - given his age. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chw42 said:

Gobert raises the floor of this team a ton in the regular season. But his effectiveness in the postseason is an issue and if the Bulls were to acquire him, they'd have very few assets to acquire any shooters outside of the MLE and the 18th pick. You can also argue that Gobert would clog the paint up for DeRozan quite a bit. I'm not sure those 2 are a great combination. 

If Zack were to sign elsewhere, you can possibly acquire shooting help with a S&T. I've seen some Herro+Lowry trade situations for LaVine pop up, although I'm not sure why Miami would be into a trade like that. 

I would deal Derozan while his value is sky high. But I am crazy. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10038623-latest-nba-intel-sources-expect-zach-lavine-to-re-sign-with-chicago-bulls

The URL says it all. But Jake Fischer has been the go-to this offseason (for loser teams like us jk), I expect it to happen. Glad I didn't pay attention to Klutch rumors (also laundered through Jake Fischer)

What does Coby and a pick realistically get you? Is Danny Green good defensively? Is Coby and a 1 too rich for Green?  Would Coby fit with Miami? Duncan Robinson was benched in the playoffs for some reason, could he be a fit? 

Coby hit 38% from beyond the arc and the Bulls need shooting.  Would they be better off keeping him and #18? Or with Caruso and the emergence of Ayo just too much of the same with Coby? 

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

For this group, I look forward to their drafting skills, even if they don't make a deal.  They will almost certainly find a core guy at 18.

Ayo was a steal, which gives me some hope they’ll find a contributor.  Book is still out on Williams but I’m not holding my breath.  I’m more hoping we see some wheeling and dealing to fix/reshape the front court.  Deep down though I fear they roll with what they have, which would be incredibly disappointing. 

22 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Ayo was a steal, which gives me some hope they’ll find a contributor.  Book is still out on Williams but I’m not holding my breath.  I’m more hoping we see some wheeling and dealing to fix/reshape the front court.  Deep down though I fear they roll with what they have, which would be incredibly disappointing. 

Looking at AKs Denver draft history, I feel good even if we pick.

• Like 1

What do we think about Walker Kessler? Big time rim protector, but his offensive game looks super blah, and he looks slow. Bulls have been linked to Gobert and Mitchell Robinson who are also limited offensively but offer big time rim protection.  

14 hours ago, scs787 said:

What do we think about Walker Kessler? Big time rim protector, but his offensive game looks super blah, and he looks slow. Bulls have been linked to Gobert and Mitchell Robinson who are also limited offensively but offer big time rim protection.  

I don’t follow college ball, but is there a Gobert lite out there somewhere?  Gobert the player would do wonders for this squad, but I want no part of that contract or the acquisition cost.  I need to see Vuc swapped out for a defensive anchor before I can really believe on this team going anywhere. 

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I don’t follow college ball, but is there a Gobert lite out there somewhere?  Gobert the player would do wonders for this squad, but I want no part of that contract or the acquisition cost.  I need to see Vuc swapped out for a defensive anchor before I can really believe on this team going anywhere. 

Kessler can certainly block shots. He just broke the single season blocks record and had more blocked shots, by himself, than all but 13 schools in the country.....Gobert is more than just blocked shots though and I'm not sure how Kessler stacks up in other areas.

I go back and forth on whether I want them to keep Vuc or not. He's not awful defensively and he's still got an offensive game that should be good enough to be your 3rd option. 

That said, I think Vuc is a fine option guarding centers......I'm not sure neither he nor Kessler can hang with the more athletic 4s in the league which can be issue if the go that route. 

Edited by scs787

Remember when the Pistons wanted Patrick Williams for Grant? That pick is only top 4 protected, but Milwaukee's probably still gonna be a playoff team the next 2 years, so it's probably not even a lottery pick. 

On 6/20/2022 at 1:56 PM, Tnetennba said:

If this goes down, I assume it won't be until draft night as picks will be involved.

Rather curious what they give up, and how they fill out the roster with shooters with that contract on the books.

Honestly, I don't see how we can beat Atlanta in a deal for Gobert if they're willing to give up both Capella and Collins. A Gobert and Young pairing would make Atlanta a pretty damn good team since their defense is their biggest weakness and they have a lot of perimeter shooting. So they don't need to worry about spacing quite as much with Gobert in their lineup. 

If Atlanta doesn't see it that way, I can see how there might not be a ton of good suitors for Gobert and his contract. I'd have to think Williams would be involved. But I think if the Bulls are willing to wait it out, they can probably get him for Vuc, Coby, Green, and some combination of the 18th or Portland pick. Portland picking up Jerami Grant for almost nothing probably means the pick conveys in the next 2 years.