AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Bossanoveralls said:

That's perfect! What a relief pitcher. Everytime he gets a save, I feel an overwhelming sense of relief.

When is the game thread gonna start?

You know with his personality he might actually dig that as a walk up....and it's got something for the fans when they sing "and you are too baby" 😎

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

I love Liam but he's blown what, six saves. I remember when Sox acquired him how everybody rejoiced. Remember when David Robertson used to blow a few saves? Did he ever blow six? Liam has such good stuff he closed the all star game. I still like him and his fastball but cmon, when are people going to realize most pitchers are NOT worth the money they are paid. Hell, wasn't Colome statistically a better Sox closer than Liam? And I do like Liam.

Robertson was 34/41 in 2015, his first year with the White Sox. For 7 blown saves that year. He was 37/44 in 2016, for 7 blown saves. So yes, he always blew 6 saves with the white Sox.

19 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

All this fuss about a cornfield! I pretty much live surrounded my them. Its all cool. Good job TA :)

I lived my first thirty years surrounded by cornfields. I never really paid any attention. Now I really appreciate them when I’m back up north.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I lived my first thirty years surrounded by cornfields. I never really paid any attention. Now I really appreciate them when I’m back up north.

The thing I remember about growing up in the cornfields is when the corn was down, you could watch your dog run away for three days.

Ozark hills, rock bluffs and clear spring fed water beats the flatlands, I always say.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

I love Liam but he's blown what, six saves. I remember when Sox acquired him how everybody rejoiced. Remember when David Robertson used to blow a few saves? Did he ever blow six? Liam has such good stuff he closed the all star game. I still like him and his fastball but cmon, when are people going to realize most pitchers are NOT worth the money they are paid. Hell, wasn't Colome statistically a better Sox closer than Liam? And I do like Liam.

And yet, he leads the AL in saves. Melancon leads the league in saves with 34 and he has blown 5 opportunities.

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

I'm sure you remember picking time? Like 18 hr days. There is a certain charm to them strange as it seems 

America would be a better place if all kids had a job picking on a farm for a series of 18 hour work days at least one picking season of their lives. With no cell phones and no protective mommies and daddies. And in their free time play some unsupervised baseball and take a nap after that. Good old fashioned work.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1