10/1 Tigers @ Sox 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Why is Leury hitting ahead of Sheets?  Leury has left 5 on base as well.

I think it's because if they bring in a lefty Yoan and Sheets back to back is way too easy to matchup against. Not saying Leury is some masher in between them to make the opposing manager think twice, but that's probably why Yoan and Sheets aren't hitting back to back. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I read something a few weeks ago that showed Leury was 3rd in *baseball* in RBI opportunities per plate appearance this year. Maybe it's changed a bit since then, but no matter what, the game always finds Leury up in a big spot

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I read something a few weeks ago that showed Leury was 3rd in *baseball* in RBI opportunities per plate appearance this year. Maybe it's changed a bit since then, but no matter what, the game always finds Leury up in a big spot

Seems to me that Sheets is a more dangerous hitter than Leury.  Sheets has been hitting the long ball lately as well.  He would have come up with the bases loaded and with 2 on base second time around.  One swing of the bat and Sox get 4 runs and/or 3 runs.

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think it's because if they bring in a lefty Yoan and Sheets back to back is way too easy to matchup against. Not saying Leury is some masher in between them to make the opposing manager think twice, but that's probably why Yoan and Sheets aren't hitting back to back. 

But Yoan is a switch hitter?.

6 minutes ago, oldsox said:

I have never criticized Moncada at SoxTalk, but those last two at bats by him were awful.

Don't say that out loud bro because some here will call you phil Rodgers or tell you that you are not seeing what you are seeing 

Yoan is the most important hitter in the Sox lineup to me if we win the world series. If he had bats like the last 2 then forget it.  Thats why I have love/hate relationship with him

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

105 wRC+ against them this year, but obviously he's better against righties.

The power just isn't there against lefties. But then again, the power just isn't there this year in general. 

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That's how you get revenge, Tim!

Also, credible criticism is fine, calling Moncada "The Weakest Link" on the White Sox is absurd.

As you were.

The amount of discourse when Moncada fails or doesn't come through vs other similarly valuable players on the Sox will never not be weird to me.

• Like 1