10/3 Tigers @ Sox 2:10PM CT

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Yep, I listen to other baseball team's commentators and Stoney and Jason are easily amongst the best, Sox fans who say otherwise are talking out of their ass.

I was watching some highlights of last night's game and they had the Detroit broadcasters for some of them and my god are they boring. It just sounds like dead air all the time and the color commentator sounded like he was on his deathbed. 

5 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I wish there was some workaround for the time delay.  I would rather listen to just about any sound conceivable than Joe Buck, ARod, or that ESPN chick speak, but the TV delay really is a b****.

I was on the train and so listening solely to the radio feed for the El Duque inning against the Red Sox....unbelievably tense and outstanding.  I might just drive around a bit in the playoffs to truly listen "live".

Yep, I listen to other baseball team's commentators and Stoney and Jason are easily amongst the best, Sox fans who say otherwise are talking out of their ass.

Jason's big calls compared to Hawk, Caray, Johnny Red Kerr, etc,. are as vanilla and as replacement-level as they get.  Sure he's a good PBP guy when he focuses on the game, and he's a caulfield-like savant/infobot, but the big calls are all garbage.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I was on the train and so listening solely to the radio feed for the El Duque inning against the Red Sox....unbelievably tense and outstanding.  I might just drive around a bit in the playoffs to truly listen "live".

What if the various national rights holders allowed alternate feeds with team's home announcers? ESPN does this for the CFP national championship.

2 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Ok so as of rn, what are the playoffs matchups?

Tuesday - Yankees at Red Sox
Wednesday - Cardinals at Dodgers
Thursday - White Sox vs. Astros, ALWC vs. Rays
Friday - Thursday games, Braves vs. Brewers, NLWC vs. Giants

Edited by chw42

Ok so as of rn, what are the playoffs matchups?

Unless Washington comes back to beat Boston:

ALWC is New York at Boston, with the winner facing Tampa Bay in the ALDS. Other ALDS is Sox vs Houston

NLWC is Saint Louis at Los Angeles, with the winner facing San Francisco in the NLDS. Other NLDS is Atlanta vs Milwaukee

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Jason's big calls compared to Hawk, Caray, Johnny Red Kerr, etc,. are as vanilla and as replacement-level as they get.  Sure he's a good PBP guy when he focuses on the game, and he's a caulfield-like savant/infobot, but the big calls are all garbage.

Hmmm, I remember Hawk getting a ton of shit for his style here, now apparently everyone loved him, lol

2 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

What if the various national rights holders allowed alternate feeds with team's home announcers? ESPN does this for the CFP national championship.

I'd love it but don't think it will happen.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

That was wizardry watching that live.  It was memories of El Duque in 2005 that made me pine for Joakim Soria with an ERA over 5.00 at the deadline, just because I know how a veteran pitcher who can throw a bunch of different junk over the plate and hit his spots can completely embarrass an overeager offense looking to make something happen.  IMO El Duque vs. the Red Sox in 2005 was the greatest IP ever pitched.  IMO it is easier to have terrific stuff and throw an immaculate inning than it is to do what he did.  Ultimate gray beard stuff there by the Duke.

3 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Yeah Jason's home run calls and calls in big moments aren't great. Sometimes if you just listen to the audio you cringe a bit. But I feel like he's a pretty good announcer overall and he meshes very well with Steve. 

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

That was wizardry watching that live.  It was memories of El Duque in 2005 that made me pine for Joakim Soria with an ERA over 5.00 at the deadline, just because I know how a veteran pitcher who can throw a bunch of different junk over the plate and hit his spots can completely embarrass an overeager offense looking to make something happen.  IMO El Duque vs. the Red Sox in 2005 was the greatest IP ever pitched.  IMO it is easier to have terrific stuff and throw an immaculate inning than it is to do what he did.  Ultimate gray beard stuff there by the Duke.

I recently watched that inning on youtube...I almost put it on mute because Berman was such a Wrong Sox homer that inning....but I could be biased.  Admittedly he wasn't as bad that game as the "Oh NO!!" moment on the Graffanino error.

2 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I'm hoping the BoSox knock out the Yanks, they are the one team I'm really fearing from all the AL contenders

100% agree.  I do not want to face the Yankees....well I do because that means we are in the ALCS with home field advantage but....oh you know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

100% agree.  I do not want to face the Yankees....well I do because that means we are in the ALCS with home field advantage but....oh you know.

Red Sox just won, Yankees at Boston Tuesday in the WC game, winner faces the Rays Thursday in St. Pete.

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

That's what I was thinking earlier today, face the Rays (if we get past HOU of course) at TB or have HFA against the Yanks...we beat HOU, TB and the BoSox at home, the Yanks beat us at NY and in Chicago...it would be nice if the BoSox beat NY and TB and we host them, haha

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

That's what I was thinking earlier today, face the Rays (if we get past HOU of course) at TB or have HFA against the Yanks...we beat HOU, TB and the BoSox at home, the Yanks beat us at NY and in Chicago.

Yankees will be on fumes in the ALCS

That's what I was thinking earlier today, face the Rays (if we get past HOU of course) at TB or have HFA against the Yanks...we beat HOU, TB and the BoSox at home, the Yanks beat us at NY and in Chicago.

Actually my off the wall prediction from a few weeks ago is still in play....Sox over Houston in 4....Beat Boston in 5...Take out Milwaukee in 6...Parade!!!

• Fire 1