The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes but public sentiment is what is going to make this a big story. Flores wasn't the first coach asked to do this, and probably wasn't in the first 20. 

So are there a bunch of $100,000 deposits in his bank account?  If the story is true there must be a paper trail.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

So are there a bunch of $100,000 deposits in his bank account?  If the story is true there must be a paper trail.

He claims he can back that up. If he has something that does show it, the NFL will never let that case get to discovery where he might have to produce documents or witnesses, they'll settle it beforehand with a non-disclosure agreement. 

58 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I feel like there was a lawsuit filed against some league along these lines but I can't find it on Google. Am I crossing this up with another lawsuit filed by gamblers? 

Are you thinking of wrestling admitting it was a pre scripted entertainment event to avoid sports regulations?  

24 minutes ago, poppysox said:

He refused the offer, but they claim to have proof so the trail is something else.

I believe Hue Jackson said that the browns owner was making or trying to make donations to Jacksons non profit organization so that trail is probably a little clearer 

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

One thing they can do that is never mentioned with the draft is make it like a fantasy draft for at least the first 2 or 4 rounds. You have the first pick overall, you get the last pick in round 2. in the NFL, that would be a huge deal.

Fuck just make it pure auction for the first round, that would be amazing. Every team can nominate a player and then everybody bids from their allotted bonus pool. Can you imagine how fun and awesome that would be?

And it will never happen because it will cost the owners too much money. The 1st round of the MLB draft would be must watch TV in an auction format imo.

Apparently, the owners feel the players have been unreasonable in their negotiations.  I know some of you think the players are the ones giving but I think if you ask for lots of ridiculous stuff and then give up a little...that's just posturing.  The mediation process attempts to cut through the monkey business and gets both sides talking realistically.  The mediator is in theory an impartial facilitator who keeps talks moving in an attempt to resolve conflicts.  If mediation doesn't work we are in for a long frustrating summer.

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Apparently, the owners feel the players have been unreasonable in their negotiations.  I know some of you think the players are the ones giving but I think if you ask for lots of ridiculous stuff and then give up a little...that's just posturing.  The mediation process attempts to cut through the monkey business and gets both sides talking realistically.  The mediator is in theory an impartial facilitator who keeps talks moving in an attempt to resolve conflicts.  If mediation doesn't work we are in for a long frustrating summer.

We both understand that both sides make ridiculous offers and counter offers, but the owners have been refusing to counter.  They aren't even negotiating, just saying no.  I hope the mediation remedies this also, but it just feels like a stalling tactic to draw this out more and that really sucks. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, poppysox said:

The party that didn't bother talking for six weeks is being unreasonable.  Sounds reasonable.

• Thanks 1