2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

18 hours ago, bmags said:

This season has confirmed that the nfl is pretty impossible to figure out.

I was in a 75 man survivor pool that is down to 5 people after 6 weeks. And this included everyone getting one forgiveness game during weeks 1-5.

The nfl has just been crazy to me this year. I’ve been wrong about so many teams so far. Seahawks/Falcons way better than I thought, Saints/Raiders/Broncos/Chargers worse or much worse than I thought.

And then the “haha look how stupid they are” sentiments of nfl media like the pats offense are already at least more muted. 

That said if you just stuck with the classics like “belicheck always figured it out” “Reid will figure it out” “Howie roseman is always right” you’d not be bothered by any of this.

16 hours ago, bmags said:

The nfl has just been crazy to me this year. I’ve been wrong about so many teams so far. Seahawks/Falcons way better than I thought, Saints/Raiders/Broncos/Chargers worse or much worse than I thought.

And then the “haha look how stupid they are” sentiments of nfl media like the pats offense are already at least more muted. 

That said if you just stuck with the classics like “belicheck always figured it out” “Reid will figure it out” “Howie roseman is always right” you’d not be bothered by any of this.

And that's not even mentioning the Packers who are 3-4. 2 of those wins are by a total of 5 points. 

Just shows you what a lack of talent at the WR position will do to even the best QBs. 

I almost want to get in on the WR trade market just to try and prevent the Packers from getting someone. 

On to the Bears,  it looks like Mustipher will be benched and Patrick will go to OC. Hopefully this helps a ton. 

50 minutes ago, scs787 said:

And that's not even mentioning the Packers who are 3-4. 2 of those wins are by a total of 5 points. 

Just shows you what a lack of talent at the WR position will do to even the best QBs. 

I almost want to get in on the WR trade market just to try and prevent the Packers from getting someone. 

On to the Bears,  it looks like Mustipher will be benched and Patrick will go to OC. Hopefully this helps a ton. 

At least my long shot of tampa falling off a cliff and them deciding to blow it up and rebuild by trading Mike Evans is still somewhat alive.

This is what they need to be. Fields isn't quite there yet as a passer, but as a rusher, I think Fields really should be playing like Lamar Jackson. Ride this rushing game with Fields, Monty, and Herbert.

2 straight 200+ yard rushing games.

Major growth indeed. The designed runs for Fields have to continue. It scares me long term, but dude has shown to be pretty tough. 

This defense has its blah moments, but overall, it has been pretty solid. I remember hearing a lot about the Packers defense, but the Bears have allowed less points so far(and only 2 less points on offense btw)

Things could get interesting.  The last wild card spot is wide open. 

37 minutes ago, scs787 said:

This is what they need to be. Fields isn't quite there yet as a passer, but as a rusher, I think Fields really should be playing like Lamar Jackson. Ride this rushing game with Fields, Monty, and Herbert.

The direct run plays were basically unstoppable. Nice game plan by the coaches.

3 hours ago, scs787 said:

You do that a bit more and all of a sudden the passing options are going to be a lot better. That was fun. 

11 hours ago, scs787 said:

I don't understand why they aren't rolling him out of the pocket on 75% or more of pass plays?

33 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I don't understand why they aren't rolling him out of the pocket on 75% or more of pass plays?

because teams have been blitzing the edge to force him in the pocket, so if you bring in help, you are rolling out with only one or so options.

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic