Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

Sox had never made playoffs back to back years. Now sox fans pretending the game isn't fun and this team not worth watching because there are some teams who are better on paper on their likely quest to make playoffs 3 years in a row. Spoiled.

I hate on the FO as much as anyone, and this was a brutal off season, but this team and these guys are a great time to root for. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I’m really not sure which is worse. That they couldn’t recognize that the 2nd highest paid reliever in baseball wouldn’t have trade value coming off several weak seasons, or that they recognized it but were determined to prove that they weren’t wrong on the trade and were blinded by their own arrogance.

By several weak seasons you mean like 26 innings…

Edited by Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

If you think about it we really only have 3 proven starters on the team. Giolito, Lynn and Keuchel even though he was bad last year. Cease is almost there but not quite yet and Kopech is unproven. 

Cease was a top 20 starter last year in terms of fWAR…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox had never made playoffs back to back years. Now sox fans pretending the game isn't fun and this team not worth watching because there are some teams who are better on paper on their likely quest to make playoffs 3 years in a row. Spoiled.

I hate on the FO as much as anyone, and this was a brutal off season, but this team and these guys are a great time to root for. 

I'm never going to pretend any baseball...or White Sox baseball isn't fun.  But my expectations were of a transcendant team, division dominance, a near dynasty...not one looking backwards at the Tigers nipping at their heels.

27 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Don’t forget they made one of the best free agent signings by any team last offseason. 

Rodon? Yeah - I love Rodon. But they missed the market on him this off-season. And let’s be honest - it was cheap…

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I'm never going to pretend any baseball...or White Sox baseball isn't fun.  But my expectations were of a transcendant team, division dominance, a near dynasty...not one looking backwards at the Tigers nipping at their heels.

Tigers nipping at their heals…🤣🤣🤣

Finishing this offseason is very simple:

• Trade Kimbrel for salary relief (don’t give a fuck about the return at this point)
  • Sign Conforto to a 4/$90M deal (don’t give a fuck about Colas or Cespedes)
  • Trade Burger, Dalquist, & Adolfo for Manaea (don’t give a fuck if he’s a rental)

Do those three moves and we’re as strong as any team in the AL.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's not proven. There's no track record, just the one year. 

I think it's real, but you never know. 

It’s real bro.  I have a feeling Cease is our #1 starter by the end of the season…just too bad we couldn’t extend him before he want to Boras.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s real bro.  I have a feeling Cease is our #1 starter by the end of the season…just too bad we couldn’t extend him before he want to Boras.

I think that Cease, Giolito and Kopech are all going to have great seasons. 

If they can overcome their deficiencies, it's because of those three. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think that Cease, Giolito and Kopech are all going to have great seasons. 

If they can overcome their deficiencies, it's because of those three. 

I think Kopech has the chance to be the best starter in baseball a year or two from now.  That being said, Cease is the one on the brink of breaking through with Cease.  I threw some money on him leading the league in K’s and feel pretty damn good about it.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think Kopech has the chance to be the best starter in baseball a year or two from now.  That being said, Cease is the one on the brink of breaking through with Cease.  I threw some money on him leading the league in K’s and feel pretty damn good about it.

Just my opinion, but if Giolito comes out with his 2019-20 fastball and with his improved slider from 2021 watch out for him too. 

Those extra 1-2 mph on Gio's fastball make his change even harder to pick up. When I saw that he worked on lower body strength I think I know exactly why he did that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Just my opinion, but if Giolito comes out with his 2019-20 fastball and with his improved slider from 2021 watch out for him too. 

Those extra 1-2 mph on Gio's fastball make his change even harder to pick up. When I saw that he worked on lower body strength I think I know exactly why he did that. 

I think Gio wins the Cy Young this year. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think Gio wins the Cy Young this year. 

I gotta see his first start, but if he comes out with his 2019-20 velocity, um, yeah I agree. 

He did a lot better with HR prevention last year. 

There are still reasons to be excited about Sox baseball. They have a metric shit ton of talent. 

I'd do a 180 if they signed Conforto. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I gotta see his first start, but if he comes out with his 2019-20 velocity, um, yeah I agree. 

He did a lot better with HR prevention last year. 

I just want Rodon…ugh I hate that they let that sort of arm walk. So special. He is going to kill it with Giants. Kill it. I couldn’t have cared less if they did much more than that to be honest. Cause even with scrubs at 2B and RF if I got Rodon, Cease, Lynn and Gio…knowing I got Kopech, Lopez, Velasquez…whomever else at the 5…plus the rest of the regulars in that lineup..I’m good. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I just want Rodon…ugh I hate that they let that sort of arm walk. So special. He is going to kill it with Giants. Kill it. I couldn’t have cared less if they did much more than that to be honest. 

Too unreliable. Rodon hasn't thrown 150 innings since 2016, and it's the only time he did it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Didn’t say that but the Tigers are definitely on an upwards trajectory. The Sox are still better but I don’t think the division will be as much of a runaway as it was last year. 

If healthy, Eloy & Robert can combine for 10 wins next year.  Last year they gave us 3.4 wins.  If Moncada finds his power again he’s a six win player.  If Vaughn takes a step forward he can be an absolute stud as well.  Cease & Kopech both have massive room for growth.  We won 93 games last year and have room significant improvement.  The Tigers need a ton to go right to be anywhere our stratosphere in the next three years.