Spring Training thread

Balta1701

13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's still an injury and who knows, its the same thing he had at the end of last year and it may linger all season.

From what they said he is throwing all his pitched and not having issues.

10 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Crazy how the quickly the pen went from a major strength to a major question mark in a week. 

Losing Crochet is the one that can not be replaced. That will sting this year. He gives you a look that no one else can. Those are very uncomfortable at bats with him. Let alone the innings and relief he gives out of the pen.

29 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Probably more by default.  Not like the Sox have a plethora of options.  I guess I probably would have gone with ReyLo myself, but my guess is they're saving ReyLo to piggyback Kopech. 

Random thought, I know it’s too late for this now, but would it have made sense to shuffle the rotation a bit to spread around the guys likely to need bullpen help? Something like Gio, Kopech, Keuchel, Cease, VV?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Random thought, I know it’s too late for this now, but would it have made sense to shuffle the rotation a bit to spread around the guys likely to need bullpen help? Something like Gio, Kopech, Keuchel, Cease, VV?

If might help, but you'd still likely need multiple innings from a long man on consecutive days with the rotation lined up like this.