OF Help at last!! White Sox acquire Haseley from Phils

KrankinSox

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am not too concerned about last years records.  I don't think the Royals or Cleveland did much of anything to improve.  The Twins will be better than they were last year but the Sox will feast on their pitching.  How many of those games we did play against the the Royals and Tribe without Eloy and Robert?  Eloy was a shell of himself even when he did play last year. I think a .600 record against the central is doable (45-31).  Go .500 in the other 86 games, and there is 88 wins.  I suspect the Sox will play better than .500 baseball against non ALC teams.  

Guardians will be much worse and Royals will be better due to Witt and Pratto being with the team most the year.

47 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Guardians will be much worse and Royals will be better due to Witt and Pratto being with the team most the year.

Just curious what makes you think Cleveland will be significantly worse than last year? Who did they lose that will hurt them?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Just curious what makes you think Cleveland will be significantly worse than last year? Who did they lose that will hurt them?

Yeah, if anything with a healthy Bieber they'll be better. 

They also seem to pull a decent starter out of their ass on an annual basis. 

The ALC is much improved, maybe even no 90 loss teams, but the Sox are still a lot better than the rest. Last year they won 93 games, this year they might win 87-89 just based off the improvement of the ALC. 

I could see the rest of the ALC hovering around the 75-83 win range and the Sox solidly in the high 80s. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, if anything with a healthy Bieber they'll be better. 

I looked through their projections and they're a little worse than last year, but that's because they expect a down year from basically everyone in their rotation except Bieber. Plesac, McKenzie, Civale all were better in 2020 or before than they were in 2021, but the projections are weighting them at their 2021 performance or worse. They also really don't like Cal Quantrill and project him to be way worse than the last 2 years, I don't know enough about him to say why but ERA last year of 3, FIP of 4, and the projections are dropping his ERA in at 4.5? :huh

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I looked through their projections and they're a little worse than last year, but that's because they expect a down year from basically everyone in their rotation except Bieber. Plesac, McKenzie, Civale all were better in 2020 or before than they were in 2021, but the projections are weighting them at their 2021 performance or worse. They also really don't like Cal Quantrill and project him to be way worse than the last 2 years, I don't know enough about him to say why but ERA last year of 3, FIP  of 4, and the projections are dropping his ERA in at 4.5? :huh

Fangraphs projections seem about right, they have the Sox at 87 wins with the Twins at 82, Guardians at 77 and the Tigers and Royals at 75. 

On 3/29/2022 at 10:53 PM, Chick Mercedes said:

47%?  That means he now runs slower than Paul Konerko.

Anyway, I'm glad for the trade, but will be surprised if he ever played better than Adam Engel just because the Phillies gave up for a minor league  reliever that maxed out his physical profile at 24YO. As previously stated, the Sox have to keep at this.

Part of it seemed to be injuries but it also seems like the grind got to him.

https://theathletic.com/2520198/2021/04/14/adam-haseley-takes-a-personal-leave-as-phillies-and-former-top-pick-press-pause/?source=emp_shared_article

There were times in 2020, he said, when he did not compete as he should. “Especially against myself,” Haseley said on Feb. 28. This became motivation. He’s always been regarded by evaluators as a “low-motor” player because he is quiet, even among his teammates, and does not show much emotion on the field.

One thing I will say if he isn't playing hard Tony isn't going to play him. When he entered the league in 2019 he played hard defensively and put up a 1.8 bWAR in 67 games. He also plays CF and is a LHB it's worth a look. 

Edited by wrathofhahn

• bmags unpinned this topic