OF Help at last!! White Sox acquire Haseley from Phils

KrankinSox

2 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Odd, considering his mental makeup was a chief draft aspect on him. 

On the bright side, this seems to be a pretty happy place to play in general.  The media is pretty easy going, and the fans aren't awful towards most players.  There isn't hte NEw York/Boston/Philly types of external pressures.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

On the bright side, this seems to be a pretty happy place to play in general.  The media is pretty easy going, and the fans aren't awful towards most players.  There isn't hte NEw York/Boston/Philly types of external pressures.

Unless they read this board. 

He runs like hes in cement

Hit like a toddler

Less power than Madrigal 

Mental makeup was a strength

Edited by ptatc

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I remember posting best of luck to Wheeler dodging batteries in Philadelphia....some guy here ripped into me informing me how awful Sox fans were....of course bringing up the white trash Ligue idiots as his example.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bmags said:

one of the reasons they have no OF depth is because Haseley was part of their depth and he sucks.

Anyway look forward to Phillies signing conforto in an hour.

It's way past an hour and nothing happening on the Conforto to PHilly front.  Guess the Sox arn't the only team not willing to risk last years stats at Conforto's asking price which is dropping daily.

32 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Unless they read this board. 

He runs like hes in cement

Hit like a toddler

Less power than Madrigal 

Mental makeup was a strength

I don't think anyone would conflagrate message board posters with some of the stuff that happens both in those media towns, and with their fans actually IN the ballpark.  The Sox are a fairly low stress environment to play in compared to some of the others.  The media is generally team owned, and tame.  The fans aren't NEARLY as aggressive as some of the other markets.  I mean you can find anger if you look for it, but in general, anger isn't coming to look for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't think anyone would conflagrate message board posters with some of the stuff that happens both in those media towns, and with their fans actually IN the ballpark.  The Sox are a fairly low stress environment to play in compared to some of the others.  The media is generally team owned, and tame.  The fans aren't NEARLY as aggressive as some of the other markets.  I mean you can find anger if you look for it, but in general, anger isn't coming to look for them.

I know. It was a joke. This board is not representative of typical Sox fans.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

He has 2 options left.  

Yep, two options. He becomes a high school PE coach or finally becomes a MLB player.

Trading pitching prospects for OF prospects is a solid strategy. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more corner outfielders being traded for in MiLB deals.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

I don't know much about Haseley but from a quick search:

1st round pick, 8th overall in 2017. Four picks ahead of Jake Burger.

Bats and throws lefty.

Can play CF.

Unimpressive offensive numbers in parts of 3 seasons in the Bigs.

Reinsdorf's annual Catch Lightning in a Bottle Project.

What an affront to the base not to commit to real quality difference makers.

A glorious day in my life when this nightmare regime is gone.

Edited by GradMc

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

And, while not unique to Sox fans, we are a bunch of loyal motherfuckers to anyone that does anything remotely cool for the franchise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is quite literally what we did.  We gave up a low level minor league reliever to pick up a left handed OF who can play for us now in a pinch.

No team trades a prospect for an org guy. Well, almost no team. They're available for cash considerations.

It needs to be a heck of a pinch for him to be on the major league roster.  

57 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

This was my exact same thought, Rick Hahn loves making the same mistakes over again though so add this to the list of things that won’t work out. 

As long as he’s not giving up stud prospects for the duds, we’re making progress on the learning curve. Haseley is 25 years old too, not an old pitcher. This is new.

Just now, GreenSox said:

No team trades a prospect for an org guy. Well, almost no team. They're available for cash considerations.

It needs to be a heck of a pinch for him to be on the major league roster.  

We are talking about a minor league reliever here, which is about a half step above cash considerations.  Let go of the Pearls.

• Like 3

If the white Sox had signed this years equivalent of Nick Williams, Brian Goodwin, and Billy Hamilton to a minor league deal - those are decent money right? If it’s right, Spotrac shows $2.28 million between those three last year?

So if it costs $1 million to sign a guy to stash at Charlotte, and this guy gets $10k or whatever pittance they pay minor leaguers, this is a cost saving move compared to signing a vet. Did I get this right?

2 hours ago, Quin said:

The Giants keep claiming and releasing White Sox outfielders named Luis, hoping one day Rick Hahn's phone auto completes the sentence in a horrific manner for White Sox fans.

Reminds one of when KW got the wrong Barry/Berry in similar fashion from the Dodgers.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Going to guess this is Andrew Vaughn insurance for today, but Eloy and Robert insurance in the longer run.  With a 28 man roster, I am going to guess he breaks camp with the squad just for evaluation and teaching reasons and then we see how it goes.

We’ll see how good his defense is with a 47% falloff in speed from two seasons ago…we usually don’t “coach up” players unless it’s getting surprising offense at catcher from the likes of Narvaez and McCann.

Likely will still be much better than Eloy, Sheets and Andrew.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We’ll see how good his defense is with a 47% falloff in speed from two seasons ago…we usually don’t “coach up” players unless it’s getting surprising offense at catcher from the likes of Narvaez and McCann.

Likely will still be much better than Eloy, Sheets and Andrew.

I listed his 2021 injuries from before which included both Hamstring and groin injuries, which would explain exactly that.

• bmags unpinned this topic