Giolito leaves with injury, being evaluated

southsider2k5

5 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Tell me how rodon looks by end of may. A betting man will take the over on IL

I might take that bet on most starters at this point. 

It doesn’t change the fact this team is incredibly short on SP and Carlos Rodon not only put up at 5 WAR for the Sox last season, but could have been retained for 2022. A long term investment was not needed to extend the services of Rodon, and I believe it’s going to come back to haunt the Sox 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I might take that bet on most starters at this point. 

It doesn’t change the fact this team is incredibly short on SP and Carlos Rodon not only put up at 5 WAR for the Sox last season, but could have been retained for 2022. A long term investment was not needed to extend the services of Rodon, and I believe it’s going to come back to haunt the Sox 

The odds of Gio staying are slim, so Rodon leaving forces Cease or Kopech to be the ace, essentially.  Vera's too far away to count on a rapid rise,  especially with lat issues already. 

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Don’t really understand the lack of a roster move here. Maybe they’re hoping he’ll be fine. But it’s 10 days. Just give him his 10 days and let someone else take a turn or two. It’s not the end of the world. 

Especially when the clock for calling someone up and sending them down does not start until like May 2nd or 3rd. No sense in not sending him to the IL

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Don’t really understand the lack of a roster move here. Maybe they’re hoping he’ll be fine. But it’s 10 days. Just give him his 10 days and let someone else take a turn or two. It’s not the end of the world. 

His spot in the rotation doesn't come up until Thursday. That give them a few days to decide who they want to bring up in his place. The IL stint can still be retroactive to yesterday.

2 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

His spot in the rotation doesn't come up until Thursday. That give them a few days to decide who they want to bring up in his place. The IL stint can still be retroactive to yesterday.

Why not bring a reliever up in the meantime? You can still wait til Thur to make the roster move for the SP. playing short handed for no reason is kinda dumb. They probably just aren’t sold an IL stint is needed. Only thing that makes sense. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Why not bring a reliever up in the meantime? You can still wait til Thur to make the roster move for the SP. playing short handed for no reason is kinda dumb. They probably just aren’t sold an IL stint is needed. Only thing that makes sense. 

I don't really see anyone in the minors worth bringing up for a few days.