Giolito leaves with injury, being evaluated

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

The news here won't be good.

All the signs and verbiage points to that. This team seems to have a curse it can't shake with injuries. 

At least it’s not arm or shoulder. Worst case we’re prob dealing with an oblique strain like Yoan and just miss a couple weeks. Still far far far from ideal. 

• Like 1

Just now, greg775 said:

Injuries, injuries, injuries ... modern baseball. Huge contracts should be a thing of the past. Anybody can and will go down at any time. Sorry for the abject negativity, but I'm frustrated.

As we are all. Do we all feel that window closing a little?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Injuries, injuries, injuries ... modern baseball. Huge contracts should be a thing of the past. Anybody can and will go down at any time. Sorry for the abject negativity, but I'm frustrated.

I hear you......very much feeling like you right now. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

In the last two weeks, we’ve lost Crochet for the year, Yoan for a month, Lynn for two months and Giolito for a while.   Injuries suck but losing difference makers is a killer.

Maybe next offseason the Sox do a thorough evaluation of the injuries and decide whether it's a.) just bad luck. b.) unavoidable. c.) avoidable. d.) the fault of our training staff and team doctors or e) just bad luck part two. I think Sox should at least examine WTF regarding injuries. Do a thorough analysis in the day of analytics baby!

Edited by greg775

27 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Dang, I knew pitching injuries and limitations would be an issue with the shortened spring training but this is getting ridiculous. 

It’s beyond Spring training issues. Whatever it is, the White Sox left the pitching as well as second base in the worst possible scenarios. And right field it seemed they had to be quickly thawed out of catatonic carbon freeze