Giolito leaves with injury, being evaluated

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

...because saying the season is over after one game is more than a bit of an overreaction--it's a facially, laughably absurd statement deserving of maximal scorn and ridicule.  But you know what they say--if you have to explain it...

Oh ok. I see what your saying now.

40 minutes ago, scotty22hotty said:

these players have to accept they're playing with post-covid bodies now

they can't be going 90%+ and expect not to eventually get hurt. the trainers also play a role in explaining this to the players

The NCAA College basketball Season and the NFL have both completed their seasons after the worst of the covid outbreak. I have not seen/heard of any media reports of increases in injuries.  

Edited by SCCWS

1 hour ago, Big Hurtin said:

@ptatc

😟

Could mean a lengthy absence.  If they just held him back it a better sign than if he threw a pitch and had to stop.

Sounds like its a fairly mild one but no telling for sure. Even a mild one is probably missing a start.

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

It’s beyond Spring training issues. Whatever it is, the White Sox left the pitching as well as second base in the worst possible scenarios. And right field it seemed they had to be quickly thawed out of catatonic carbon freeze

The injuries are due to the short Spring training. I was referring to the moves or lack thereof.

49 minutes ago, StateStSports said:

What the hell is post-covid bodies?

If someone has had COVID especially high level athletes the respiratory system and cardiac system can be affected for a long time. They are finding cardiac issues in collegiate runner a year after.

These aren't endurance athletes but no telling some issues with people who train this hard and push their bodies.

Wasn't there stories about Giolito training so hard to gain muscle mass?

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If someone has had COVID especially high level athletes the respiratory system and cardiac system can be affected for a long time. They are finding cardiac issues in collegiate runner a year after.

These aren't endurance athletes but no telling some issues with people who train this hard and push their bodies.

So what is the current thinking regarding baseball players going the hypertrophy route in mass building?

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

nobody has hurt their lungs or their heart though.

7 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

So what is the current thinking regarding baseball players going the hypertrophy route in mass building?

As long as you maintain flexibility it's fine. 

Problem is the wound tight type of guy.

22 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

No. We were talking about the injuries

To be clear. I'm not saying that caused the injuries to any of the Sox players, I was answering what COVID body can look like even in highly trained athletes. 

Edited by ptatc

1 hour ago, scotty22hotty said:

these players have to accept they're playing with post-covid bodies now

they can't be going 90%+ and expect not to eventually get hurt. the trainers also play a role in explaining this to the players

Post-COVID bodies??  I gave up asking people to point to evidence about 2 years ago, but please if you may, I can’t help myself here.