GT 4/15: Rays @ SOX, 6:10 PM CT, Apple TV+

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I am not as anti steaming as some here but i also get its harder on some older folks. I have every one of these services because I share with others a bunch of accounts so my bill is like $80 total, half of what cable+ would cost previously, and get 5 times as much stuff

This sci-fi sound between changing screens (in and out of replays) is hilarious.

I'm an older folk and I don't pay for cable or anything else. My son shares his Google Play account with me , I share my Apple TV account with my daughter, My daughter shares her Disney + account with me and I got a friend who shares her Netflix with me. Then I have MoviesAywhere and Vudu. Then I just wheel and deal for movie codes to share those movies with my son and daughter on Google play and Apple. I might be the outlier though among the older crowd.

Just now, chw42 said:

It's hilarious that people have to get illegal streams of a free stream. What a fail by Apple and MLB. 

Apple has some of the strictest security..."features" on the planet. After the dust up with the pic leak scandal in 2015 they went full ret*** on it. There is no way I'd think "you just need an appleid" is a low barrier to entry for a senior or even a older millenial trying to watch the game -- not everybody is in the apple ecosystem man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Apple has some of the strictest security..."features" on the planet. After the dust up with the pic leak scandal in 2015 they went full ret*** on it. There is no way I'd think "you just need an appleid" is a low barrier to entry for a senior or even a older millenial trying to watch the game -- not everybody is in the apple ecosystem man.

I signed up for an apple id, even confirmed with the code. They asked me for payment info, I backed out and tried to sign in. It says that the id doesn't exist. 

I am not giving them my payment info for something that is supposed to be free. Idc if they don't charge me. Fuck Off. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's lame that it's ONLY streaming without any TV options. Doesn't the NFL Amazon streams also simulcast on Fox? I don't mind that at all. This feels like forced adoption.