Cleveland at Sox-Game one, 7:10 CT

5 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

A J Hinch. Alex Cora.  I know their current teams are not doing well now, but they are better managers than TLR.

I agree. TLR looks like he is sleep walking in the dugout instead of alert and managing the team like he’s supposed to.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 2

Just now, hankchifan said:

Right.  They left the baes loaded on both occasions.  No clutch hitting there.

I'm disappointed in Jose. Had a chance to go with the pitch and drive a game winning hit to right.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

Not mad at TLR for the minor moves (pitching to Naylor etc). The lack of preparation and consistency is atrocious though. TA shouldn't be playing the way he is on defense. The team needs to take pitches while hitting.

Yeah I don’t blame Tony for this loss actually. Far more on the left side of the infield and Hendriks.  Also, be nice if our two highest paid offensive players didn’t go 0-10.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Renteria was not that bad IMO. Tony is a good manager. He just has an injured team with holes. He's still probably over the long haul going to lead this team to the division title. Tonight was the worst loss of his tenure except for last postseason. But the team figures to wake up once it learns the Central Division teams have the Sox number and it will take extra effort to beat them. The fact the Sox only get up for games outside the division is sad.

Offensively Grandal needs to go on one of his hot streaks.  He's not looking too good.

Just now, fathom said:

Yeah I don’t blame Tony for this loss actually. Far more on the left side of the infield and Hendriks.  Also, be nice if our two highest paid offensive players didn’t go 0-10.

Agreed. But I do just hate the hire of TLR in general and still get mad about it lol

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

If the manager isn't responsible for the team playing good fundamental baseball, maintaining focus, and their plate approach, WHAT THE FUCK IS HE ACTUALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR? The TLR apologists are more infuriating than he is.

They know he sucks but won’t admit it until he’s gone.  It’s like having a girlfriend that deep down you know treats you bad but you tell everyone she’s actually really nice to you.  Once you break up....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

If the manager isn't responsible for the team playing good fundamental baseball, maintaining focus, and their plate approach, WHAT THE FUCK IS HE ACTUALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR? The TLR apologists are more infuriating than he is.

Pitching changes and keeping the clubhouse on an even keel.  He is doing his job by not throwing his terrible, lazy players under the bus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Renteria was not that bad IMO. Tony is a good manager. He just has an injured team with holes. He's still probably over the long haul going to lead this team to the division title. Tonight was the worst loss of his tenure except for last postseason. But the team figures to wake up once it learns the Central Division teams have the Sox number and it will take extra effort to beat them. The fact the Sox only get up for games outside the division is sad.

Aren’t you contradicting yourself saying TLR is a good manager and the team only get up for games outside the division?  Where is the leadership? The energy?  Do the players fear TLR?  I don’t think so.

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Pitching changes and keeping the clubhouse on an even keel.  He is doing his job by not throwing his terrible, lazy players under the bus.

Then the players do a good job not throwing him under the bus when he doesn't put them in positions to be successful or is the reason they lose. Tony forces the team to play every game with 1 hand tied behind their back.

To be clear, he isn't responsible for *all* of the Sox issues. Far from it. But trying to win with a manager that's a total liability is a hindrance, there's no question about it.

Edited by maxjusttyped

Just now, hankchifan said:

Aren’t you contradicting yourself saying TLR is a good manager and the team only get up for games outside the division?  Where is the leadership? The energy?  Do the players fear TLR?  I don’t think so.

The players dont respect TLR because they are entitled and were told the division sucks and this is a coronation, not a competition.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Then the players do a good job not throwing him under the bus when he doesn't put them in positions to be successful or is the reason they lose. Tony forces the team to play every game with 1 hand tied behind their back.

To be clear, he isn't responsible for *all* of the Sox issues. Far from it. But trying to win with a manager that's a total liability is a hindrance, there's no question about it.

I’m willing to bet he wouldn’t have walked Anderson like Francona did

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m willing to bet he wouldn’t have walked Anderson like Francona did

Honestly, TA probably just ends up hitting a ground ball right at someone had they pitched to him. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Honestly, TA probably just ends up hitting a ground ball right at someone had they pitched to him. 

Disagree...with his history of risp I would expect a pop up.

13 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I agree. TLR looks like he is sleep walking in the dugout instead of alert and managing the team like he’s supposed to.

He’s 77 years old. He shouldn’t even be managing his grandkids little league games. 

• Like 1