GT 6-4: Dodgers @ Sox (7:10pm)

Just now, caulfield12 said:

The strange thing is the team is well below .500 with him not starting and a handful over with him.  And tonight is another example.  Guess that's also on Leary who always plays when Harrison doesn't.

Because Harrison plays more against LHP and the Sox are good against LHP

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

If only we could pinpoint some possible change before the 2021 season that may have made an appreciable difference

I don't think the manager would have made a difference. They were never talented enough. They would have been pantsed by Houston either way. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think the manager would have made a difference. They were never talented enough. They would have been pantsed by Houston either way. 

They were talented enough before Rodon lost his strength.  

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

The manager has helped drive roster acquisitions, for one

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The strange thing is the team is well below .500 with him not starting and a handful over with him.  And tonight is another example.  Guess that's also on Leary who always plays when Harrison doesn't.

That's just a luck of the draw stat when the whole team is bad.

Real baseball players are still competitive in ABs even if they have a nagging injury and the guys with the least talent in the league still find a way to hit over .200. I'm pretty much done with the guy, I've never seen a guy with so much talent just suck absolute donkey balls. It's shameful. Yaz has a built in "age" excuse but even his level of suck is amazing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They were never good enough to win a championship the last two years. They were good, but not good enough. 

In fact, I think they only made the playoffs in 2021 because Minny and Cleveland had bad years. 

Yeah, they had the division wrapped up essentially before the all star break because these two teams had bad years. You are such a clown.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Rodon had his ace stuff against Houston for game 4 and they still lit him up. 

That wasn’t even close to his best stuff.  He was able to get the fastball velocity up but clearly couldn’t snap off the slider like he had been.  Go watch his outing in NY and tell me he couldn’t have dominated in the postseason if healthy.

37 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nobody will give you anything for Moncada if he's this bad. He either gets his shit together or the Sox ride out his contract until June 2024. 

He's not old yet. He has a "name." Change of scenery time. Sox would have to pay some of the contract obviously or send a lot of money in the deal.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Yeah, they had the division wrapped up essentially before the all star break because these two teams had bad years. You are such a clown.

if those two teams put up any sort of resistance I'd bet they'd have finished in 3rd place.