Sox vs Minny 7/4/22 game thread Sweet Home Chicago, without Tony

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

The most jarring thing to me about Pollock is how bad he's been defensively. I watch a lot of West Coast baseball and never in a million years saw this coming.

Pollock knows he got traded to a dogshit org with a dogshit coach and is just cashing in the paychecks because this team has no soul anyway. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

The most jarring thing to me about Pollock is how bad he's been defensively. I watch a lot of West Coast baseball and never in a million years saw this coming.

Mixture of being old and not wanting to be here?

This team could start with the bases loaded against Duran and wouldn't put up a 4 spot

Have you seen how we hit with the bases loaded? I'm pretty sure we couldn't score 4 against anyone let alone Duran. 

Just now, fathom said:

Mixture of being old and not wanting to be here?

I know leaving the Dodgers probably sucked, but he landed in a great situation on paper. I'd guess it's just age and going to an organization with significantly worse coaching at the big league level.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Brutal inning. Not sure there is anyone I’d prefer to see in there over Kelly without the benefit of hindsight. Guy just has to do better. Can’t walk 2 dudes. 

Gotta get the next 2. 

Lopez

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Pollock knows he got traded to a dogshit org with a dogshit coach and is just cashing in the paychecks because this team has no soul anyway. 

This team is completely dead inside and it all starts with TLR.

• Thanks 1

I think he's the 2nd most reliable guy in the pen right now after Hendriks. It's insane Kelly is still ahead of him for high leverage opportunities.

Kelly shouldn't pitch after the 7th inning. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Brutal inning. Not sure there is anyone I’d prefer to see in there over Kelly without the benefit of hindsight. Guy just has to do better. Can’t walk 2 dudes. 

Gotta get the next 2. 

I mean the obvious issue is that even while healthy there’s 2 reliable relievers out there. 

Was Lopez unavailable?