7/5 Games

BamaDoc

• bmags pinned this topic

but also I don't care if it's DSL. This is nice power to see. Robert destroyed DSL in 28 games, but he had 3 HRs.

Chappelli is at 5 home runs in 16 games and more walks than Ks, again like robert.

Does it mean he's luis robert? Of course. You heard it here first.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

but also I don't care if it's DSL. This is nice power to see. Robert destroyed DSL in 28 games, but he had 3 HRs.

Chappelli is at 5 home runs in 16 games and more walks than Ks, again like robert.

Does it mean he's luis robert? Of course. You heard it here first.

Like I said earlier, we all know he is overqualified to be here, and it was a signing enticement to give him a bigger bonus without paying him more.  But we have seen people in the past who didn't look overqualified when they did the DSL, so he is doing exactly what you hope to see.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

loidell chapelli with his first home run!

/joke probably old at this point

3 hours ago, Quin said:

I had to make sure I opened the right game thread.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Like I said earlier, we all know he is overqualified to be here, and it was a signing enticement to give him a bigger bonus without paying him more.  But we have seen people in the past who didn't look overqualified when they did the DSL, so he is doing exactly what you hope to see.

Any advice on how to rank him? This isn’t usually a struggle for me he’s a tough case. 

16 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Any advice on how to rank him? This isn’t usually a struggle for me he’s a tough case. 

There is just so little info on him, but also he is destroying DSL.  With the Sox system I would say definitely after the top group.  Maybe around 15 or 20?  The back half of the top 30 is pretty sad.

32 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is just so little info on him, but also he is destroying DSL.  With the Sox system I would say definitely after the top group.  Maybe around 15 or 20?  The back half of the top 30 is pretty sad.

This is where I'm at. It's hard to justify putting the back half of the Top 30 over a guy raking, even if he is literally a man amongst boys.

3 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I'm not so worried about his ranking. I'm wondering if the Sox have ever got someone into the states during their initial season in the DSL . Or is it strictly the tax thing where he has to be there the whole year? Does the DSL season end before the Kanny season ? He should be seeing better pitching at this point. Don't want him to get used to the bad DSL arms and would love to see him get stateside.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, bmags said:

So excited to get to see some of these guys waste their careers for the Sox during Hahns 13-20 years as GM

Mags, I know you are trying to make a point here.  Not sure what it is.

12 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm not so worried about his ranking. I'm wondering if the Sox have ever got someone into the states during their initial season in the DSL . Or is it strictly the tax thing where he has to be there the whole year? Does the DSL season end before the Kanny season ? He should be seeing better pitching at this point. Don't want him to get used to the bad DSL arms and would love to see him get stateside.

If they stay there the entire season, their bonus is tax free, essentially giving them about a 40% higher cash payout than if they had played in the US.  It is a way of outbidding teams without offering more money.  It makes sense for both the player and the team.

• bmags unpinned this topic