• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

What did he say about him? 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Mite said:

About what? 

Saying that Moncada texted him saying he’s fine thank god or something like that….Ozzie goes ti say we have seen and heard this before and the Sox will put him on the IL tomorrow and won’t play for 30 days 

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Saying that Moncada texted him saying he’s fine thank god or something like that….Ozzie goes ti say we have seen and heard this before and the Sox will put him on the IL tomorrow and won’t play for 30 days 

He keeps this up he is going to earn the rep as being soft and will lose a lot of respect in the clubhouse. Maybe he already has. 

4 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Until they run out of bubble wrap.

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

He keeps this up he is going to earn the rep as being soft and will lose a lot of respect in the clubhouse. Maybe he already has. 

Ozzie might feel that way about other modern players like the ones with sore legs.  These guys are so fragile.  I remember watching Cabrera limping playing 3rd. Then there's a Abreu, I don't think a limb amputation would keep him off the field.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Usually I would use a laugh react, but this needs more.  

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

My comment was more about how bad Moncada is than how good Leury is. I haven't been a fan of Moncada since his first full year when he struck out 214 times, if Moncada never plays another game for the Sox, it wouldn't break my heart at all.

Anyhow, I'm happy I gave you a few chuckles.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

Just now, The Mighty Mite said:

My comment was more about how bad Moncada is than how good Leury is. I haven't been a fan of Moncada since his first full year when he struck out 214 times, if Moncada never plays another game for the Sox, it wouldn't break my heart at all.

You can not be a fan of Yoan and still have some objectivity.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

You can not be a fan of Yoan and still have some objectivity.  

This fan base lacks some serious objectivity with respect to Moncada. It’s amazing really. Has been been a huge let down in 22? Of course. Has he lived up to his lofty potential? Nah. But he’s still a well above average player and likely will be one of the Sox more valuable players ROS. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This fan base lacks some serious objectivity with respect to Moncada. It’s amazing really. Has been been a huge let down in 22? Of course. Has he lived up to his lofty potential? Nah. But he’s still a well above average player and likely will be one of the Sox more valuable players ROS. 

There is some definite catching of feelings here.

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd say with plenty of things when a team is underachieving.  I doubt this fanbase can endure being really bad in a bad division after getting these "big hauls" from other teams.  I'm still puzzled  over the management hiring. 

48 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Ozzie might feel that way about other modern players like the ones with sore legs.  These guys are so fragile.  I remember watching Cabrera limping playing 3rd. Then there's a Abreu, I don't think a limb amputation would keep him off the field.

My buddy works with Ozzie Jr, take it with a grain of salt, but let's just say I'm told the Guillen family are often critical of the toughness of Robert, Eloy and Yoan. 

5 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

My buddy works with Ozzie Jr, take it with a grain of salt, but let's just say I'm told the Guillen family are often critical of the toughness of Robert, Eloy and Yoan. 

To be fair they are critical of everyone who is not themselves. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

6 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

As is the entire White Sox fan base. 

Edited by brijames1957

1 hour ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

This did not save the season by no means, need to win at minimum 8 of the next 10, until we get into 2nd place. 11 games left before the AllStar Break. Must win a minimum of 7 

It’ll be hard to win 8 of 10 if they only win 7 of 11. Not impossible with a HOF baseball person at the helm, but it will take some lucky breaks.

1 hour ago, brijames1957 said:

The Twins aren't some kind of unbeatable juggernaut it's just the rest of the Division is playing like crap. 

They have more home run hitters than the Sox this season,which hurts more at GRF.  Sox had to hit 3 homers today to match the Twins.  Without the homers today, we would have been swept.  Homers were our formula for success last season, but we have had a power outage this year.  Welcome back Eloy.  He made a big difference today.  We need sluggers!

21 hours ago, maxjusttyped said: