7/22 GT Guardians @ White Sox, 7:10PM CT, Apple TV

Tnetennba

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Alex Call's first career hit coming at Guaranteed Rate Field is pretty cool

Fuck him

I'm not here for the Alex Call experience nor do I give a shit. 

Edited by 2Deep
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

This game is squrely on our supposed ACE. Never gave us a chance tonight 

I'm done with the Lucas giolitto experience. I love his a person but as a big time pitcher (no thank you)

He was throwing 94-97 in the playoff win v Oakland.

Ever since the sticky tack issue he has not been good. Majority of this year he has been between 91-93. That is a huge drop. 

Something is not right with him. I would have rather paid Rodon then him

Hindsight

18 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Another TLR matchup obsession that back fires.  Engel has been absolutely terrible today.  That 2 run double by Naylor was catchable, he took the wrong route.  Our D has been horrible tonight.  Our guys came out too flat.  What did they do all week?

He's still the best option for CF with Luis Robert out, and Hahn/Tony going with three catchers, four DHs (Sheets, Vaughn. Pollock and Eloy) available for RF/LF, and Leury waiting in the wings.

Tony won't play Heasley or any other AAA call-up, so this is their shitty options after four days to think about it:

CF: Engel or Leury

RF: Vaughn or Sheets

LF: Eloy or Pollock

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

OF has been playing too deep and too shifted.  Our defense and positioning has been awful in this game so far.

In terms of keeping plays in front of them (playing deep), I don't think they have another option. Engel still possible gimpy and their four DHs playing the corners.

It would help if they had even league average defensive alignment, but they have been among the worst in baseball after Ricky left and Tony brought in ShelleyBall. This aspect has been horrid even with a healthy Robert and Engel.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Is Ruiz going to retaliate on our behalf?

No he did not. Not even one pitch inside.  Must be another TLR unwritten rule not to retaliate.  We had the chance against Rosario, Jose Ramirez and Naylor their best players and nada.

13 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I found it interesting. It's fine that you don't. If it pisses you off that much, find a new hobby.

Why?

I'm a white sox fan and hate losing.

I'm not here for thrills for other teams.

You don't like it then ignore my posts

Post mortem on tonight is Giolito has simply got to be better. He got dinked and dunked but he also has to pitch over it. 

Offense has to do better than 2 runs against a shitty Quantrill too. He was not good tonight, and there was every opportunity to get back into it.

Not sure whey we didn't let Lambert and Banks soak up more innings.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Took one AB to remind me how much a hate his participation to this team and contract.

He absolutely carried us in the second half last year, I'd still give that contract every time.

• Like 3

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

He lived up to what he was paid & then some the last 2 seasons. This year has been a disaster, obviously.

Yep, we have to give him every chance here but afraid he's just breaking down.