Sox record with Anderson, Vaughn, Jimenez, Robert starting…

Greg Hibbard

It’s only happened 9 times this season.

April 10, April 13, April 15, April 16, July 6, July 12, July 13, August 4th, August 5th.

White Sox are 8-1 with a combined score of 44 runs to the opponents’ 22. 

The Opponents: Cleveland (2-0), Minnesota (1-0), Detroit (2-0), Seattle (1-0), Tampa (1-0), Texas (1-1).

Now imagine if we had those 4 in the lineup for even 50 games this year. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

It’s only happened 9 times this season.

April 10, April 13, April 15, April 16, July 6, July 12, July 13, August 4th, August 5th.

White Sox are 8-1 with a combined score of 44 runs to the opponents’ 22. 

The Opponents: Cleveland (2-0), Minnesota (1-0), Detroit (2-0), Seattle (1-0), Tampa (1-0), Texas (1-1).

Now imagine if we had those 4 in the lineup for even 50 games this year. 

Unfortunately we will just have to 'imagine' it because Robert and Jimenez seem so injury prone but it does give some hope for the future if they can stay fit at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Unfortunately we will just have to 'imagine' it because Robert and Jimenez seem so injury prone but it does give some hope for the future if they can stay fit at the same time.

They may be injury prone, but I don’t think it is too much to ask to have them both healthy for the same half of a year. If we can get Robert back and Eloy stays healthy, this team could finally have all the offensive firepower they need to win consistently. You can get away with Moncada and Grandal being inconsistent and / or bad with 5 guys (with Abreu) clicking in the lineup. 

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

They may be injury prone, but I don’t think it is too much to ask to have them both healthy for the same half of a year. If we can get Robert back and Eloy stays healthy, this team could finally have all the offensive firepower they need to win consistently. You can get away with Moncada and Grandal being inconsistent and / or bad with 5 guys (with Abreu) clicking in the lineup. 

Oh no I agree if they could be healthy at the same time it would be great but seriously how often has that actually happened in the last 3 seasons?

4 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

Oh no I agree if they could be healthy at the same time it would be great but seriously how often has that actually happened in the last 3 seasons?

The stuff with Robert lately is just weird, but it seems to me like Eloy just had two really unlucky fluky injuries in a row. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chimpton said:

TA has played 2 full seasons out of the last 5, not sure why he doesn't get the injury prone label he deserves. 

Edited by JoeCredeYes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I'm not using hyberoble when I say this thread/stat will be cited by the Sox at some point in the offseason, and how the biggest offseason addition they can make is "health" 

Absolutely. And probably the most aggravating thing about this season is that there will also be a bunch of meatball fans who cite the tried and true "80+ wins/they were close/a few games of injuries" company line that's been touted since about 1999. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

TA has played 2 full seasons out of the last 5, not sure why he doesn't get the injury prone label he deserves. 

He definitely seems injured a lot, but I was surprised to do a quick calculation and it seems like he's played 527 of 708 team games since the beginning of 2018, 74.4% of the team games. 

• Like 1

Just now, Greg Hibbard said:

Absolutely. And probably the most aggravating thing about this season is that there will also be a bunch of meatball fans who cite the tried and true "80+ wins/they were close/a few games of injuries" company line that's been touted since about 1999. 

And the frustrating thing is there is actually some truth in the statement. Health has been a huge problem for this team and guys in and out of the lineup will make any team inconsistent. TLR and the staff have conflated things no doubt but if this team was able to lineup Anderson-Robert-Abreu-Eloy-Vaugnh-Moncada-Grandal-Pollock-Harrison every night on a regular basis, they're leading the division by 4-5 games. 

But....that's still a White Sox problem. Lineup still has holes, bullpen still has holes, Lynn and Gio are issues, etc. 

15 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Tim Anderson has played 374 games in the last 4 seasons, including the COVID season of 2020 and 46 games yet to be played in 2022.

Eloy has played 274 over that time.

Tim has had his injuries, but nothing like some of these other guys.

59 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

He definitely seems injured a lot, but I was surprised to do a quick calculation and it seems like he's played 527 of 708 team games since the beginning of 2018, 74.4% of the team games. 

I think you're counting 162 for this year when there's only been 116 played thus far, so that puts him at 79.7%.  In comparison, Yoan Moncada has played 82.9% of games over that same period of time. 

Edited by JoeCredeYes