8.28 Snakes @ Sox Fire Everyone Gamethread - 1:10PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

10 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

There really isn’t much of a path to sneak into the playoffs at this point. Effectively 6 GB with 34 to play. Probably have to go 24-10 or better to have a chance. There’s just no way unless Cleveland plays like .333 baseball rest of season. 

Yep so just lose baby…. make it a no doubter and add to the pressure that will be put on JR to make the changes necessary. That’s all we can hope for at this point. Whether he pulls the triggers in the off season we will see but with every loss comes more unrest within the fan base

2 hours ago, JoeC said:

you really don't see flawed logic in the following?

-Utilizing your best pinch hitter when 1B is open (a situation where Tony himself has repeatedly intentionally walked people... with 2 strikes)
-Pinch hitting Leury (he of the .504 OPS) in place of Seby (he of the .754 OPS). For reference, White Sox pitchers in 2021 had a combined .458 OPS.

...and this is just one inning of one game.

Pinch hitting Leury for Seby was a truly awful decision.  There isn't a single scenario besides perhaps a sac bunt I'd prefer Leury at the dish.  I can only imagine Hahn blowing up when that happened. 

As for Robert, he clearly isn't healthy enough to hit right now, so he wasn't an option for Seby.  I didn't mind using Robert in that spot in PR for Eloy.  If the Sox let Engel hit instead of Eloy, they definitely don't pitch around him like they did Eloy.  Now we can debate why Luis is on the active roster if he cannot hit, but that's another discussion.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If they extended Hahn and or Tony at any time between October 30, 2020 and today beyond 2023, would you expect them to announce an extension this October, or just play it out and say nothing until at least October 2023?

If Tony and or Hahn are going into a "lame duck" season in 2023 (or whatever is the actual final year of their respective contracts), do you believe Jerry would allow either to go in as a lame duck without at least a one year extension?

Similar to the one year extension Hahn gave Ricky Renteria in October 2019 for the 2021 season.

I'll happily take a sham search if it leads to a whole new  coaching staff.  Of course, I'd prefer a legitimate process, but I actually think Pierzynski would be an awesome fit for this club at this point.  AJ would light these guys up for how they play.  Sox need someone to change the culture as much or more than they need a seasoned baseball tactician (though I certainly think AJ would be fine there as well).

I'd prefer a totally fresh non-white sox perspective, but its not like AJ has been in the org the past decade.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Pinch hitting Leury for Seby was a truly awful decision.  There isn't a single scenario besides perhaps a sac bunt I'd prefer Leury at the dish.  I can only imagine Hahn blowing up when that happened. 

As for Robert, he clearly isn't healthy enough to hit right now, so he wasn't an option for Seby.  I didn't mind using Robert in that spot in PR for Eloy.  If the Sox let Engel hit instead of Eloy, they definitely don't pitch around him like they did Eloy.  Now we can debate why Luis is on the active roster if he cannot hit, but that's another discussion.  

Yeah, basically PRing Robert for Eloy last night just set back Robert another 3 days in terms of ILable time.

21 hours ago, Saufley said:

When will owner Jerry Reinsdorf become embarrassed by the product he trots out to the field. It's a bad joke!

When the following two things happen:

1. All the local and national newspapers and media sources need to ruthlessly blast Reinsdorf more aggressively and continuously, where they call him out as a completely ignorant and inept owner to the most scathing degree possible.

2. When the fans literally stop paying for tickets and do not show up to the games. If fans are upset enough, then they need to quit bitching and make Reinsdorf see their displeasure with the attendance and food revenue. Even if the tickets are already sold for the reminder of the season, people need to stop showing up. Two or three thousand fans in attendance buying food and alcohol is a significant loss of revenue from their normal and expected 25-30 thousand fans buying the food, alcohol and merchandise. I don't see what could be more embarrassing of a message to Jerry than a few thousands fans in attendance and the ball park looks completely empty.

Obviously this might and probably will not happen, but then people need to accept as fans, they are willing to continue being machoistic fans and letting this god awful owner, FO and manager/coaching staff continue on. If the fans are not willing to do something drastic to change this horrible baseball product, then they need to accept the pain and misery and continue to accept this punishment.