8.28 Snakes @ Sox Fire Everyone Gamethread - 1:10PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

32 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I don’t know, JR IS CHEAP, I BELIEVE TLR signed a 3 year deal and being the cheap SOB that he is, he’d rather have TLR play it out then double pay for another manager. Fan revolt is what we need. Boycotting, talk show complaints on ESPN RADIO, we need to get the message out there. Call the Sox, leave JR and Hahn a voicemail. Fans need to be heard, got to hurt them in the wallet. 

Target on his back or not, deservedly or not, he hired Tony while still paying Ricky.  Tony's had his own target around here since Day One for reasons we can't discuss.  Keep it real.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Maybe it was sealed anyway or maybe it wasn't . You have hope the guys who got the Sox into the mess will get them out of it. That hope has the same chance as hoping the Sox make the playoffs.

All I keep hearing from half of you that Menechino will be the fall guy but I hope your hope is rewarded.

If menechino is the fall guy and that’s all that happens this off season then this team will go nowhere fast and we will be in the exact same spot next season. Change has to happen. I’ve seen enough of this team and baseball throughout my life to know that what they have right now is broken and just sneaking into the playoffs will be enough for JR to justify keeping TLR around. If they continue to lose it will hopefully at a minimum force the HOF baseball guy back into a retirement home because he cares too much about his ego

12 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

If menechino is the fall guy and that’s all that happens this off season then this team will go nowhere fast and we will be in the exact same spot next season. Change has to happen. I’ve seen enough of this team and baseball throughout my life to know that what they have right now is broken and just sneaking into the playoffs will be enough for JR to justify keeping TLR around. If they continue to lose it will hopefully at a minimum force the HOF baseball guy back into a retirement home because he cares too much about his ego

There really isn’t much of a path to sneak into the playoffs at this point. Effectively 6 GB with 34 to play. Probably have to go 24-10 or better to have a chance. There’s just no way unless Cleveland plays like .333 baseball rest of season. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wegner said:

Miguel Cairo will work for cheap because as far as I can see he's collected a paycheck this whole season for doing nothing.

I've heard some talk he's already next in line when TLR's deal is up after 2023.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Sox are going to be in the same spot next season. Maybe without LaRussa though if that's any consolation . They'd need an incredible run of good health and a starting pitcher good enough to replace Cueto and a way to figure out how toreduce salary while getting better players. If Hahn is still here good luck with that. Even if Hahn gets fired a new GM inherits a big headache and an uncertain direction.

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I've heard some talk he's already next in line when TLR's deal is up after 2023.

I've heard the players like him.  I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing if this group of players like him.  

I guess he is 1-0 if you count the game in Iowa last season.

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

I've heard the players like him.  I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing if this group of players like him.  

I guess he is 1-0 if you count the game in Iowa last season.

The only thing that would really concern me is that once again, the Sox would conduct a sham search instead of doing a legitimate one casting a wide net and see who would be interested...someone from outside "the family" with new ideas and a new way at looking at their issues. 

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The only thing that would really concern me is that once again, the Sox would conduct a sham search instead of doing a legitimate one casting a wide net and see who would be interested...someone from outside "the family" with new ideas and a new way at looking at their issues. 

Hopefully they’ve finally learned that god damned lesson… doubt it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

There really isn’t much of a path to sneak into the playoffs at this point. Effectively 6 GB with 34 to play. Probably have to go 24-10 or better to have a chance. There’s just no way unless Cleveland plays like .333 baseball rest of season. 

And let’s be honest, the Sox are so banged up they might be the worst offense in the majors.  Impossible to go on a big streak with half the lineup having minimal talent.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

If they extended Hahn and or Tony at any time between October 30, 2020 and today beyond 2023, would you expect them to announce an extension this October, or just play it out and say nothing until at least October 2023?

If Tony and or Hahn are going into a "lame duck" season in 2023 (or whatever is the actual final year of their respective contracts), do you believe Jerry would allow either to go in as a lame duck without at least a one year extension?

Similar to the one year extension Hahn gave Ricky Renteria in October 2019 for the 2021 season.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If they extended Hahn and or Tony at any time between October 30, 2020 and today beyond 2023, would you expect them to announce an extension this October, or just play it out and say nothing until at least October 2023?

If Tony and or Hahn are going into a "lame duck" season in 2023 (or whatever is the actual final year of their respective contracts), do you believe Jerry would allow either to go in as a lame duck without at least a one year extension?

Similar to the one year extension Hahn gave Ricky Renteria in October 2019 for the 2021 season.

They allowed Robin Ventura to go through a lame duck season. 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

They allowed Robin Ventura to go through a lame duck season. 

Yes, but they also claimed to have begged Robin to stay in October 2016. I believe Robin entering into the 2016 season as a lame duck was more of Robin wanting to GTFO, or at least wanting another six months to think about it, than a lack of interest by the White Sox. His October 2016 "offer" could have just been a smokescreen to allow Robin to save face, but I'd go with Robin really didn't want to return, and looked like he didn't want to be there, perhaps for his entire tenure.

Tony may feel he has had enough after this year and will tell JR to wait and see about his health when they get to October 2023 before announcing anything publicly. I don't think even Jerry has the balls to publicly announce he extended Tony after this debacle. They would just keep it private.

I don't see Tony leaving his managerial role in October 2022 (outside of legitimate health or family considerations) unless several of the team's veterans came out and criticized Tony publicly, saying they need a new manager and additional coaching staff changes. Jose is all you would really need, but it goes against his personal nature. I can see several players beyond Tony's Cronies (Liam, Lynn, Kelly, Leury) coming out with long knives for Tony. 

This would expose Tony, as he stated several times including last October that he does not consider returning unless he has the backing of the players. Most of the public and media would back the players in this battle/debate. Players would win in either scenario, either by purging Tony or getting traded elsewhere and leaving this sinking ship with better future financial and competitive prospects.

48 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, but they also claimed to have begged Robin to stay in October 2016. I believe Robin entering into the 2016 season as a lame duck was more of Robin wanting to GTFO, or at least wanting another six months to think about it, than a lack of interest by the White Sox. His October 2016 "offer" could have just been a smokescreen to allow Robin to save face, but I'd go with Robin really didn't want to return, and looked like he didn't want to be there, perhaps for his entire tenure.

Tony may feel he has had enough after this year and will tell JR to wait and see about his health when they get to October 2023 before announcing anything publicly. I don't think even Jerry has the balls to publicly announce he extended Tony after this debacle. They would just keep it private.

I don't see Tony leaving his managerial role in October 2022 (outside of legitimate health or family considerations) unless several of the team's veterans came out and criticized Tony publicly, saying they need a new manager and additional coaching staff changes. Jose is all you would really need, but it goes against his personal nature. I can see several players beyond Tony's Cronies (Liam, Lynn, Kelly, Leury) coming out with long knives for Tony. 

This would expose Tony, as he stated several times including last October that he does not consider returning unless he has the backing of the players. Most of the public and media would back the players in this battle/debate. Players would win in either scenario, either by purging Tony or getting traded elsewhere and leaving this sinking ship with better future financial and competitive prospects.

Your point about keeping things private has merit. They've never publicly announced how long the deals for Hahn and TLR are. Another case of the "bunker mentality" that has permeated this organization. "Everyone is against us...the media, the fans...etc." I've been told both deals are through the 2023 season but given the circumstances you can't be 100% sure. 

15 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

And now those mighty KC Royals come to town!  Maybe another sweep would help get TLR out of here!

You honestly think LaRussa is the problem.  Tony doesn't bat!  

The real problem is that this team can't score more than 3 effen runs in a game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

The real problem is that this team can't score more than 3 effen runs in a game.

you really don't see flawed logic in the following?

-Utilizing your best pinch hitter when 1B is open (a situation where Tony himself has repeatedly intentionally walked people... with 2 strikes)
-Pinch hitting Leury (he of the .504 OPS) in place of Seby (he of the .754 OPS). For reference, White Sox pitchers in 2021 had a combined .458 OPS.

...and this is just one inning of one game.

Edited by JoeC
Correcting pitcher OPS

22 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

How in the world are we still referring to it as “the” problem? 

TLR is A problem. The offensive approach is A problem. The list is goes on and on and on.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1