8.28 Snakes @ Sox Fire Everyone Gamethread - 1:10PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

Looks like hope is fading fast for this White Sox team to make the playoffs. The homestand has gotten off to a very bad start and going 2-8 in the last 10 games has seemingly ended their chances. With that said, and with 35 games remaining, it would probably take a 25-10 record the rest of the way to have a decent shot. It's not been an enjoyable season at all for the White Sox or their fans, gotta hope some big changes are in store for 2023 for this team.

Yesterday, the Sox started three 40 man roster worthy players. Today they are down to two, with Eloy resting, Abreu at DH and Vaughn at 1B.

Game Notes:

• Tony La Russa (678-643 .513) continues to need one more win or to resign before season end to clinch a winning record with the White Sox heading into 2023.
  • AJ Pollock will clinch $1M today during his third plate appearance. Tony is hell bent on getting him $1M-$2M more before year end with 53-103 additional plate appearances.
  • Dylan Cease looks to capture his second win in August, and 13th on the season. Dylan leads the staff in many categories, including IP (139 1/3), bWAR (4.4), Ks (182) and ERA + (175), and will enter his first of  Arbitration eligible seasons heading into 2023.
  • Carlos Perez scored a hat trick yesterday with an error, passed ball and two stolen bases allowed.
  • Josh Harrison returns to the lineup. He is third among White Sox hitters at bWAR (1.4), behind Abreu (3.4) and Robert (2.5).

Easily the most boring and disappointing Sox team I can remember, especially considering the lofty expectations at the beginning of the season. 

Fortunately I have better things to do than to sit through this shitfest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Awesome lineup, that’s amazing

Got that team beat.

The Birmingham Barons of the Southern League ended the 2009 season with a record of 92 wins and 47 losses, finishing first in the league's South Division.

The Barons paced the league with 725 runs, spearheaded by 139 home runs. Birmingham surrendered 534 runs. David Cook powered the team with 25 home runs, and Stefan Gartrell walloped 20 or more also. David Cook drove in 84 runs. C. J. Retherford topped hitters with significant playing time by connecting at a .297 clip. John Ely led the squad with 14 wins and a team-best 2.83 ERA, tops among regular hurlers.

Jhonny Nunez, Jayson Nix, Brian Omogrosso, Donny Lucy, Dayan Viciedo, Gordon Beckham, Brandon Allen, Jordan Danks, Tyler Flowers, John Ely, Lucas Harrell, Fernando Hernandez, Daniel Hudson, Mike Johnston, Sergio Santos, Aaron Poreda and Miguel Socolovich were all players from the 2009 Birmingham Barons who played in the Majors during their careers.

Ever Magallanes served as manager.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Awesome lineup, that’s amazing

They’re not even trying anymore.  Honestly, I hope they lose 1-0 today.  I’ve tried my best to maintain optimism, but falling below .500 against the DBacks was the nail in the coffin for me.  Fuck this organization and everyone who’s a part of it.

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They’re not even trying anymore.  Honestly, I hope they lose 1-0 today.  I’ve tried my best to maintain optimism, but falling below .500 against the DBacks was the nail in the coffin for me.  Fuck this organization and everyone who’s a part of it.

Then go become a Cub fan and get out of here. Later.

• Like 1
  • TLR 2

I know it sucks but we have to root for this team to totally tank in these last 35 games. That is the only chance of significant change happening. If they finish around the .500 mark JR and TLR will use the injury excuse as the reason for a poor season and just run the same shit back next year.

This thing has to be burned down. There has to be a new GM, Manager, and entire coaching staff.. Also the entire training staff has to be let go and they need to bring in a full time nutritionist. Almost everyone on this team is 10-15 pds overweight and out of shape. Your a professional athlete. Take care of your body. 

Other than Cease, Kopech, Vaughn, TA, and Robert everyone else is available for trade. Build with youth, speed, and defense. Get only players who are passionate about the game and about winning. 

Now I realize JR looks at this team as nothing more than an investment that is gaining value whether it wins or not so the chances of any of this happening while he is still in charge is probably next to none. But we can hope. 

• Like 2
  • TLR 1