9/7 - White Sox @ Mariners 3:10CST

Vote4Pedro

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t think making up 3 games in 27 games is a “miracle” when they made up 4 games (but since lost 1) in 4 games against the very same team. Tall task? Sure. Unlikely? Yes. Miracle? Nah. 

I don’t really care to debate Colas with you in every thread. If they called him up it’s not like I’d be mad. But I tend to think that extra control is better than not getting extra control. AV for instance is very likely a trade candidate this offseason and he’d have significantly more value than he does if Sox weren’t inpatient and stupid. It’s not always just about 2028, it’s about trade value as well. Another example is Kopech who the Sox would have 2 more years of control of if they didn’t call him up needlessly for a couple starts in 2018 and then watch him blow his elbow out. 

If the Sox were gonna call up Colas, he’d be here already. So you can gnash your teeth all you’d like, but he’s not coming. 

Other teams don't seem to have a problem bringing up players for the stretch run. Particularly Atlanta. 21 year old Vaughn Grissom, 11th round pick, straight from AA has already contributed a 150 wRC+ in 25 games .I trust their front office more than the Sox because they have shown winning is important to them. It's not always about trade value and the extra year.

Tall task , miracle is all just semantics when the Sox can't get out of their own way and hover around .500 no matter what they do. You can keep waiting for Robert, Kopech, Anderson,and Eloy to fulfill their promise while they remain injured and unavailable. Performance and health dictate trade value more than an extra year when it comes to White Sox players. You can also keep watching and waiting for the tall task with the worst OF defense possible and a total lack of LHH to face all the RHP they constantly face.

It's not as cut and dried as you think it is and don't you feel just a little bit ashamed because you actually agree with Sox management when they have shown they don't care about upgrading the team with anything but relief pitchers ? Where are our left handed hitters for the last 3 trade periods  in the middle of a supposed contention window ?

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

What other MLB team would put 7 RHH against Castillo ? LHH is always the Sox Achilles heal through out their history.

I don't think it matters. His change up is probably his best pitch and lefties don't do that well against him. 

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to 9/7 - White Sox @ Mariners 3:10CST