9/17: Sox at DET, game 2 (5:10c/6:10e)

Eminor3rd

5 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Sox will begin their game being 4.5 games back of Cleveland. Have to win out the season. Someone tell the offense to step up

Its beginning to become more important that Cleveland loses… which is never good. 😆

We’ll see if they hit a skid again or not… they’ll have to have a three game skid with us at least. 😆

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Doesn’t matter who’s pitching. Cueto? Who cares. 

I’ll be physically present at this one, so I’ll take responsibility for the thread. This one will be a win. 

EDIT: Cueto vs. Eduardo Rodriguez

Godspeed, 3rdie.

It's a noble and worthwhile thing you do.

👍

8 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

Yep.

I'm with you 3rdie.

We always stand a good chance when Cueto pitches.

Looks like the Twins gonna create some breathing room between us and them.

I like to minor 3rd. Do you ever 7#9?

7s and 10s almost exclusively these days, on guitar. I’m over thirds. Now it’s tens

59 minutes ago, fathom said:

Everyone should be under consideration despite Cease and Eloy 

Cease and Eloy only have 3 and 4 years of control left. If you're trading players, why exclude your most valuable ones? There's no urgency to trade them now but they should at least not hang up the phone when another team calls on them. Cease is now a Boras guy with 3 years of team control. I don't see the Sox winning a championship while either Cease or Eloy are here, so I think everyone is a trade chip at this point. 

Try to rehab the overpaid underperformers, and trade those with value at their peak. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

Yikes, it's a bad predictament the White Sox find themselves in as the chance to make the playoffs gets slimmer and slimmer. Still hope they can do it but Cleveland is too hot right now to expect them to hit a losing streak so Chicago needs to win almost every game. The odds against that happening are extremely high so it is what it is, gotta win!!!!

41 minutes ago, flavum said:

Agree with all. Just bring Payton back to finish it out.

This is how the Sox should close out this season.

Batters: C Grandal & Zavala.  INF: Abreu, Andrus, Gonzalez, Harrison, Moncada. OF: Engel, Garcia, Haseley, Payton, Sheets, Vaughn. DH: Eloy. 

Starting Pitchers: Cease, Cueto, Giolito, Lynn, Martin.

Bullpen: Bummer, Diekman, Graveman, Hendriks, Kelly, Lambert, Lopez, Ruiz, Velasquez.

IL:  Anderson, Crick, Crochet, Kopech, Mendick, Pollock, Robert, Stiever.