9/17: Sox at DET, game 2 (5:10c/6:10e)

Eminor3rd

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

LOL So 10 out of 12 isn't an insane heater ? They sweep the DH with the twins and its 11 of 13.

No, I mean they're not going to slow down.  Remember the year when the Rockies went 22-7 to end the season? They're about to do something like that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, fathom said:

Quintana :)

We need to stop fucking around and finally get serious.  We also need to start expecting the older guys to regress some.  Can’t bank on Lynn maintaining the status quo or Lucas returning to form.  That means adding a legit starter to replace Cueto and using Martin as depth.  Pitching wise we shouldn’t need anything but a single SP.  Try and make it an impact one unless we want more 2nd place finishes behind a team with a payroll +$100M lower than ours.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

We need to stop fucking around and finally get serious.  We also need to start expecting the older guys to regress some.  Can’t bank on Lynn maintaining the status quo or Lucas returning to form.  That means adding a legit starter to replace Cueto and using Martin as depth.  Pitching wise we shouldn’t need anything but a single SP.  Try and make it an impact one unless we want more 2nd place finishes behind a team with a payroll +$100M lower than ours.

The team is on the field. They can't afford one and stay in Jerry's budget. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t see how with all the bad money on the books

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

My drummer/producer is a Red Sox fan.

My sax player is a Braves fan.

It was fun watching the Braves last year after the White Sox were kaput.

I'll pull for the Braves again this year in the playoffs.

The Sox may not be kaput. But they're damn sure ka.

I'll probably be done as a Sox fan.  I'd come back after new ownership and a World Series.  This owner has ruined too many things and it's not performance based.

• Fire 1

Just now, fathom said:

I don’t see how with all the bad money on the books

Yeah, ST as a whole needs to severely temper their expectations for this winter. 

Even if they let Abreu walk, they can probably only bring in someone like Quintana/Manaea and bring Andrus back for MI. Conforto and Nimmo are a pipedream. 

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Do you really think starting pitching has been the issue this season? Come on man

• Thanks 1