9/17: Sox at DET, game 2 (5:10c/6:10e)

Eminor3rd

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

No, because I want to bring in another quality starting pitcher in case Lucas continues to pitch like a #4 guy.  But even this version of Lucas is worth a 1/$8M deal.  I don’t think you realize what bad SPs who can eat innings get in free agency.  VV got $4M guaranteed and has never been good.

He’s going to get AT LEAST $10M. I’m not an expert on arbitration and salaries but my guess is he gets between $12-14M. This version of Giolito is NOT worth that kind of money. 

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It’s obvious at this point but the starting pitching (and relief pitching isn’t the issue). It’s the defense. Time and again we see it rear it’s ugly head at the most inopportune times. 

What is with this need to blame one thing.  Yes, the defense sucks at multiple spots, but the offense is also pretty bad and we lack pitching depth.  We need to do much more than just shore up the defense if that’s what you’re suggesting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

He’s going to get AT LEAST $10M. I’m not an expert on arbitration and salaries but my guess is he gets between $12-14M. This version of Giolito is NOT worth that kind of money. 

I think you’re too high on this one, I think after this year the $9 million range is likely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, that’s the argument.

Yeah I would call myself unconvinced by that.

I could go for Martin in the 6th starter role, because very good chance he makes the rotation out of spring training because of injury. But there is desperate need for depth.

• Like 1

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Well, we know one thing is certain, Giolito will go through the arbitration process and squeeze every last dime he possibly can.

GMAB, the White Sox went to arbitration with him over like $100k because they didn’t counter offer.

• Thanks 1