Official NBA 22-23

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

3 in a row. Amazing what happens when you don't have two ball dominant guys on the floor half the game. They should have traded Lavine in the off-season, now he is out for a month 

I think the bigger issue was Lavine and Derozan don’t work. But awful timing cause Lavine value is down so much - despite coming off 3 straight highly efficient seasons. The roster design was so bad sans the window with Lonzo (but even than on paper that offseason the whole league ripped the fit with Derozan and Lavine). Took 3 freaking years to get here. 

Lavine now out another month - take them to around January 15th. My guess is he will get traded by than and has played his last game with Bulls. 

• Like 1

While the bulls offense is definitely worse without Lavine, it's made way for players that actually seem to care and lo and behold. I'm just done and wish we could get rid of him, but also we need to get something for him.

Separately - For my son's fifth birthday I was able to secure floor seats to last nights game. This is the second time now I've been able to do so. I had actually never sat 100 level for bulls games until I was mid 30s, and this has been insane. It is so wild to be that close. My son had so much fun, we made the big screen/also tv, benny the bull patted his head and pointed to him, the players chatted toward him (continue to be amazed how nice pro athletes are at these games despite the intensity)

Anyway here is the key: You should target games that may work for your schedule, but you won't be able to really buy ahead. You target shitty opponents during a weeknight. It won't work everytime, but I've now been able to take two of my kids to dates where we found extremely cheap floor seats. I've been able to buy both day before, so you don't necessarily need to wait same day but I'm sure it's even better.

The floor seats are just behind the courtside ones, and 4-5x cheaper, but very similar experience. Free drinks, food service like on lexus section.

I actually can't imagine how fun it would be with other adults, but these were the dream-come-true type games with your kids. He's been obsessed with the intro for months and you think he's barely soaking it in only to find out on the car ride home he basically recited the entire starting lineup.

The first time I did this we were behind visitor bench, which was fun in a "get to hear the interactions" but the downside is they are 7 feet tall. This was on opposite side and so much better. Easy to appreciate Caruso's game on TV, but unbelievable to see so close.

Great night!

• Love 2
  • Fire 2

If removing LaVine turned them into the try hard bulls, I will take it.  Get him moved after next Friday and let’s see if the rest of the season can be as interesting as it was before Lonzos knee fell off 

Wemby is a straight up freak.  When that kid figures it all out, the league is in trouble 

29 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

If removing LaVine turned them into the try hard bulls, I will take it.  Get him moved after next Friday and let’s see if the rest of the season can be as interesting as it was before Lonzos knee fell off 

Wemby is a straight up freak.  When that kid figures it all out, the league is in trouble 

I definitely feel myself turning old and feeling teary eyed feelings for Coby white just knowing he wants to be a bull and how hard he plays. 

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I definitely feel myself turning old and feeling teary eyed feelings for Coby white just knowing he wants to be a bull and how hard he plays. 

Everyone wrote him off including myself and he has totally sharpened his game and learned skills that we saw he was lacking.  Nothing but respect for what he is doing this season

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 9:10 AM, Kyyle23 said:

Everyone wrote him off including myself and he has totally sharpened his game and learned skills that we saw he was lacking.  Nothing but respect for what he is doing this season

Made himself better.  Like Jimmy Butler, like Joakim Noah.  Do the coaches on staff ever make players better?  He's still not a great point guard even if he shoots from Trae distances.

16 hours ago, chw42 said:

Patrick Williams having a really good game today. He's been much better ever since Giannis blocked the s%*# out of him. 

Though they lost, it was a great game. I couldn’t be bothered to think about the bulls in October, now I don’t miss a game. 

While I missed the end, once again just an extremely watchable game. One thing I saw on Twitter that could be a drag - this 6-3 stretch has come at a cost of extremely high usage on Derozan and White.

Secondly - it's crazy how much Caruso impacts a game. He may go down as one of my favorite fan-tier level watches of all time. But they gotta shop him. He deserves to do this on a championship contender.

47 minutes ago, Quin said:

Cannot imagine how validated Billy Donovan must feel.

Earlier this year I was wondering where the hell the playmaking Derozan went that started his bulls years/ended with the spurs. Damn has that version come back. The whole team is in sync though.

So yeah, Billy Donovan…good coach?

I refuse to apologize yet.  If after the season he actually has done this for the rest of the year - than I'll start to think about it. I am not going to lie -I'm shocked at what I've seen the past month.  I refuse to post anything about it though - I just don't know how a team goes from that bad to being kind of fun in this short of a window with the same roster, sans Zach.  

Like immediately Williams and White take off and everything changes.  Maybe it is all Zach - maybe it was the fact that Zach and DeRozan just don't work - so back to - one had to go, didn't matter which - because the two together didn't work.  But even Lauri - look at how much he has grown since he left.  With Lauri I'm less surprised cause those first 2 years he flashed quite a bit - especially his initial couple season, but than kind of flat-lined a bit (although if you now look at some of those underlying metrics maybe the issue was his usage in Chicago and fit with Zach/Vuch).    

Bulls literally gave him away - when all along I said - why not just match and keep him, given his RFA market was just not nuts and the Bulls could have by just spending a bit of luxury tax at the time.  

34 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I refuse to apologize yet.  If after the season he actually has done this for the rest of the year - than I'll start to think about it. I am not going to lie -I'm shocked at what I've seen the past month.  I refuse to post anything about it though - I just don't know how a team goes from that bad to being kind of fun in this short of a window with the same roster, sans Zach.  

Like immediately Williams and White take off and everything changes.  Maybe it is all Zach - maybe it was the fact that Zach and DeRozan just don't work - so back to - one had to go, didn't matter which - because the two together didn't work.  But even Lauri - look at how much he has grown since he left.  With Lauri I'm less surprised cause those first 2 years he flashed quite a bit - especially his initial couple season, but than kind of flat-lined a bit (although if you now look at some of those underlying metrics maybe the issue was his usage in Chicago and fit with Zach/Vuch).    

Bulls literally gave him away - when all along I said - why not just match and keep him, given his RFA market was just not nuts and the Bulls could have by just spending a bit of luxury tax at the time.  

Yea well they trusted Lauri’s development to Boylen.  That’s what happens when you let idiots do the job meant for a professional 

it’s also kind of weird to spike the football in something that has nothing to do with the current team or front office.  Lauri was an incredibly depreciated asset when he left the bulls and he took a full year and going to another team before he started to come around to the player he is now 

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yea well they trusted Lauri’s development to Boylen.  That’s what happens when you let idiots do the job meant for a professional 

it’s also kind of weird to spike the football in something that has nothing to do with the current team or front office 

I bring this up a lot but the one part about Lauri that I forgive the bulls about is his whole heart issues episode. It tanked a whole second half right as he was exploding for us and he wasn't the same. I didn't want to bank on that (esp after eddy curry).

Turned out it just kinda went away. 

But we have seen with Wendell Carter in Orlando and Lauri, it can just take way longer.

BUt Coby's playmaking has been what's set this all apart (and the 3s). He's become this fast-pace distributor and the whole team has responded. I saw some graphic today that we are like 2nd in total passes per game since Zach left.

But Pat - man he looks great. I defended his defense earlier, because even when he was bad offensively his defense had become quite good.

But I really, REALLY believe that Coby on the court with him has done something. You see Coby yell at guys to shoot after he gets them the ball. I think it also has just cleared his brain because he knows that if he does make a quick decision to pass it, even if it's the wrong one, it can now still come back to him.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

But Pat - man he looks great. I defended his defense earlier, because even when he was bad offensively his defense had become quite good.

But I really, REALLY believe that Coby on the court with him has done something. You see Coby yell at guys to shoot after he gets them the ball. I think it also has just cleared his brain because he knows that if he does make a quick decision to pass it, even if it's the wrong one, it can now still come back to him.

It’s just….the team doesn’t stop moving anymore.  There is nobody sitting there watching, the entire team is constantly moving 

really refreshing to watch now 

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

It’s just….the team doesn’t stop moving anymore.  There is nobody sitting there watching, the entire team is constantly moving 

really refreshing to watch now 

I really hope this isn’t like that Mirotic hit streak a few years ago that ended up being completely inconsequential. The 3 pt shooting is probably too hot right now,  but I sure hope the rest is here to stay for our sake.

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

it’s also kind of weird to spike the football in something that has nothing to do with the current team or front office.  Lauri was an incredibly depreciated asset when he left the bulls and he took a full year and going to another team before he started to come around to the player he is now 

Wasn't Lauri let go under the current front office (when they could have retained him after getting Demar and Lonzo???).