Official NBA 22-23

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Lost Patrick Williams for the season but team is still playing well, only 1 game under .500 now

We’ve seen this song and dance before.  Good enough to just make or miss the playoffs.  Not good enough that it means a damn either way.  🥱 

Edited by WhiteSox2023

9 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Lost Patrick Williams for the season but team is still playing well, only 1 game under .500 now

I feel like adding Bitim and Philips to the rotation + Drummond getting burn with Vuc has given this team some new life.

14 minutes ago, Quin said:

I feel like adding Bitim and Philips to the rotation + Drummond getting burn with Vuc has given this team some new life.

Amazing what can happen when you play some younger and different guys. 

Coby playing like an all-star with Lavine being gone is also a huge reason why. White-Demar-Vuc have been a great trio 

32 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Amazing what can happen when you play some younger and different guys. 

Coby playing like an all-star with Lavine being gone is also a huge reason why. White-Demar-Vuc have been a great trio 

The secret for AKME is to trade all first round picks for second rounders and to only sign foreign FAs.

10 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

If it's one thing I've learned about the Bulls this year, it's that they'll lure you in when you don't expect it and then when they're about to hit .500, they disappoint you. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, chw42 said:

If it's one thing I've learned about the Bulls this year, it's that they'll lure you in when you don't expect it and then when they're about to hit .500, they disappoint you. 

They have been hovering at .500 for over a month now after they went on a run to get out of the hole they put themselves in at the beginning of the season.  I think they have one more run in them, I just don’t know if it’s gonna be a good run or a losing run 😂

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Demar is impressive 

Coby might be seriously hurt though

Yeah that looked really bad. They said it's a hip problem. Hopefully it's not too serious. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Jerry has to be happy - I think Bulls officially clinched a home play-in game.  Play In money here JR comes 

I know popular opinion is bulls should be embarrassed and yes they should etc etc no mans land etc etc.

But considering how bad sports were, since December Bulls have been a good watch. I can't have too many white sox at once.

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

I know popular opinion is bulls should be embarrassed and yes they should etc etc no mans land etc etc.

But considering how bad sports were, since December Bulls have been a good watch. I can't have too many white sox at once.

Once Lavine went out, things got a lot better.  I think part of the problem was the team didn't make any moves, which alienated everyone who knew the team had zero chemistry and needed a big change.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Once Lavine went out, things got a lot better.  I think part of the problem was the team didn't make any moves, which alienated everyone who knew the team had zero chemistry and needed a big change.

Yeah, I mean as far as the ambitions and management of the bulls, they should be embarrassed as their claim was continuity would improve this unit.

But as far as getting to watch basketball, the play of coby/caruso/demar/ayo was actually a respite from the rest of what I could see sports wise

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah, I mean as far as the ambitions and management of the bulls, they should be embarrassed as their claim was continuity would improve this unit.

But as far as getting to watch basketball, the play of coby/caruso/demar/ayo was actually a respite from the rest of what I could see sports wise

Honestly, it has been some of Donovan's best coaching since UofF to get this MASH unit to the playoffs.  Coby's breakout has been awesome to see.

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Honestly, it has been some of Donovan's best coaching since UofF to get this MASH unit to the playoffs.  Coby's breakout has been awesome to see.

Ayo's actually been better than Coby since Siakam almost broke Coby on a chase down block. Plus I'm sure the minutes are catching up with him. He and DeRozan play more minutes than just about anyone in the NBA. 

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

White's TS% and WS/48 are now lower than last year. The "breakout" was a 3 week hot stretch. I'm not saying he's not a decent player, but he's just that -- a decent player, nothing more or less. On a good team he'd be a 6th or 7th man.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

White's TS% and WS/48 are now lower than last year. The "breakout" was a 3 week hot stretch. I'm not saying he's not a decent player, but he's just that -- a decent player, nothing more or less. On a good team he'd be a 6th or 7th man.

He more or less maintained his efficiency while playing 13 more minutes a game. His usage went up 6%. He doubled the amount of shots he took. Teams started to game plan around defending him. He was also close to a 59% TS% before he got hurt. Coby's a streaky player, but there's no doubt he drastically improved this year while playing a much bigger role. 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

He more or less maintained his efficiency while playing 13 more minutes a game. His usage went up 6%. He doubled the amount of shots he took. Teams started to game plan around defending him. He was also close to a 59% TS% before he got hurt. Coby's a streaky player, but there's no doubt he drastically improved this year while playing a much bigger role. 

He's improved, drastically? Eh, marginally imo.

I'm a huge bulls fan just don't discuss them here, prefer RealGM. It's been a horribly boring season with nothing at all to really look at other than Ayo and White playing a bit better. Pat was a bust again before getting hurt, Zach looked awful himself and so on.

Demar is nice but he's a FA and we'll have to overpay him for more "continuity" next year. Don't even get me started on Vuc.