Rule 5 Wednesday

BamaDoc

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

I feel like recently we've seen teams care about htis much less. Quite a few guys have been returned and even the original team has passed bringing them back. I think like 2-3 picks this happened to last year.

So to me it's really just about the $100k. You bring a guy in, get him a try out, if you don't want him on the opening day roster, offer him back. There are 5 spots open. It's not like thereare many tough decisions currently.

And let's be honest here, what are the odds that the entire pitching staff breaks camp healthy and productive?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bmags said:

So to me it's really just about the $100k. You bring a guy in, get him a try out, if you don't want him on the opening day roster, offer him back. There are 5 spots open. It's not like thereare many tough decisions currently.

Remember the white sox trading away international money in trades.  Yes of course a Jerry Reinsdorf owned franchise is trying to maximize profits.  The idea that they might have to pay 100k is beyond his imagination.  

43 minutes ago, bmags said:

I feel like recently we've seen teams care about htis much less. Quite a few guys have been returned and even the original team has passed bringing them back. I think like 2-3 picks this happened to last year.

Honestly I’d grab 2 guys. f*** it.

• Like 1

I'd totally be on board with taking 1-2 guys.  There's literally no risk.. If you take a BP arm and he sucks, he can go back to their team.  If we take Misner and he can't handle the 4th OF role, he can go back to the Rays. If we aren't going to spend some money to improve the team, take a free guy(s) who is better than what we've already got.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I'd totally be on board with taking 1-2 guys.  There's literally no risk.. If you take a BP arm and he sucks, he can go back to their team.  If we take Misner and he can't handle the 4th OF role, he can go back to the Rays. If we aren't going to spend some money to improve the team, take a free guy(s) who is better than what we've already got.

They should absolutely grab guys from the Rays.

1 hour ago, southsideirish71 said:

Remember the white sox trading away international money in trades.  Yes of course a Jerry Reinsdorf owned franchise is trying to maximize profits.  The idea that they might have to pay 100k is beyond his imagination.  

But yet last year's payroll was about $195 million, smh.

• Like 1

I would sign Jayson heyward to be our 4/5th OF.

Before u laugh, think about it.  You'd be paying the minimum, he is left handed, still plays great defense and great clubhouse guy.  When healthy, same if not better BA then bellinger has had the last few yrs.  I'd rather have him at the plate or in the OF, instead of leury legend.

23 minutes ago, G13 said:

I would sign Jayson heyward to be our 4/5th OF.

Before u laugh, think about it.  You'd be paying the minimum, he is left handed, still plays great defense and great clubhouse guy.  When healthy, same if not better BA then bellinger has had the last few yrs.  I'd rather have him at the plate or in the OF, instead of leury legend.

Being better than Leury isn't really a compliment.