Merkin: Colas figures to be Sox 2023 RF

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Ha, and everyone argued with me when I said 4 months ago Colas was going to be the starting RF in 2023 when many were advocating for a Conforto signing.

? There's room for both.

Edit: Conforto or not, they're still adding a left-handed hitting every day OF.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Ha, and everyone argued with me when I said 4 months ago Colas was going to be the starting RF in 2023 when many were advocating for a Conforto signing.

The Sox need 2 OFs.  I doubt anyone argued that Colas would be 1 of them coming June 2023.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

? There's room for both.

Edit: Conforto or not, they're still adding a left-handed hitting every day OF.

Actually there isn’t. Sox are already tapped out on budget if they sign Conforto but they still have other positions to fill. Think Tyler Naquin or similar, that tier as the outfielder free agent signing.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Actually there isn’t. Sox are already tapped out on budget if they sign Conforto but they still have other positions to fill. Think Tyler Naquin or similar, that tier as the outfielder free agent signing.

So you're saying they are adding a left-handed bat. Same as us. Replace the name "Conforto" with "any left-handed bat." It's gonna happen. They can't be stupid enough to run Eloy as primary LF and Sheets as the primary DH.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

what other positions do they have to fill? 2B can be in-grown.  No bullpen please god. No utilities please god.  SP minor depth would be nice.  Literally throw all our money at a LH OF.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Huh? The position they have to fill voa trade or FA is an OF. They can go internal at 2B. Nothing you’re saying is making any sense. Everyone was penciling Colas into their 2023 OFs, what people were likely telling you is that he’s unlikely to break camp with the Sox. He still shouldn’t, but feels more likely now than ever. Sox should really sign someone like Conforto + someone like Frazier who can play OF for a few weeks until Colas arrives.  

• Like 2