4/30- Rays vs Sox VII, 1:10

flavum

14 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

April Abreu is a very real thing that we've lived with. He won an MVP because April didn't exist that year. So may be a little early on that. Sub .700 OPS the last two aprils.

Six weeks without a homer in midsummer last year wasn't enough of a clue for you?

9 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Maybe the stadium name should be changed to Guaranteed Loss Field and flipping the arrow down.

The arrow points down to start with, so???

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He's closer to another Benintendi. 

Career fWAR of 0.6 in 137 games, 705 ops and 88 for wRC+. 

Not quite a center fielder and not enough power for an outfield corner spot. 

Certainly adequate as a 4th/5th guy. 

I agree. As usual another example of where Hahn's FO have a bad track record at drafting, trading or free agent signings for the right players to fit our roster needs. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

Please just let us enjoy this great comeback win 

That’s the problem. You win one game, lost 10 straight and everything now is fine. Yes enjoy the victory. It’s like playing golf, I suck  at golf, but you play a round, shoot 115, BUT you make 30 foot put, or hit a 7 iron and it lands 3 feet from the cup, you had a great round. NO, you still suck and need lessons. 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin
  • Like 2

Was it just me or were the Rays holding the runner at first with the game tied and men on First and Third and 2 outs yesterday in the 9th?

Obviously that runner doesn't matter... I just want to point out that other teams do dumb stuff too.

1 hour ago, KipWellsFan said:

Was it just me or were the Rays holding the runner at first with the game tied and men on First and Third and 2 outs yesterday in the 9th?

Obviously that runner doesn't matter... I just want to point out that other teams do dumb stuff too.

You could also point out that Cash left 2 pitchers out there yesterday that had nothing.  He got lucky on the 1st guy when the Sox only scored 1 and left the bases loaded. He got burned on the 2nd guy in the 9th. Like you said, even the Rays and their manager can do dumb stuff.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wegner said:

You could also point out that Cash left 2 pitchers out there yesterday that had nothing.  He got lucky on the 1st guy when the Sox only scored 1 and left the bases loaded. He got burned on the 2nd guy in the 9th. Like you said, even the Rays and their manager can do dumb stuff.

He left the starter in longer then I felt as well and gave up the lead to grandal. 

• Like 1