Sox explore immense depth of their 7th place AAA team, make 11 transactions

bmags

Gotta say, 13 under, 25th in OPS, "Let's add Hamilton and Colome to the 40 man" is one of the dumbest things I've ever encountered. Words. Fail. Scrape the entire thing into Lake Michigan. Fire everyone and find the baseball equivalent of Ryan Poles.

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Lots of moves but the professional armchair GMs continue to gripe 

Because most of the moves are flotsam and jetsam and retreads. Yes, the Sox minor league system is THAT bad! 🤡

26 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Lots of moves but the professional armchair GMs continue to gripe 

Give me half of the professional armchair GMs on this board over Rick Hahn all day.  8 and 21 on May 2nd. As the kids say these days that is straight no cap. 

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

4 hours ago, bmags said:

I also don't understand how they aren't performing way more churn among minor league FA and waivers. It was so clear that so many of the Charlotte staff last year couldn't be on the AA team of the Rays. 

Actually I do understand - the org is incredibly lazy.

I remember Hostetler bragging about how stupid the prospect writer lists were and how he'd lie to them...but is there any org that seems to toe the value of the top 100 guys mroe than the sox? We rarely trade them, and we all remember Hahn's brilliant trades to grab Casey Gillaspie and a declining Blake Rutherford. It was 100% because they were on the last prospect handbook he had.

The primary value the Sox ever derived from their minor league system since the Himes core and the Buehrle / Garland run was Kenny flipping the failed prospects for actual ML contributors.

1 hour ago, Jake said:

I know McGuire got off to a hot start this year (has slowed down considerably since then it looks like) but he had played terribly for us, Zavala was on fire, and we were about to release him. Wish Diekman had pitched better but that trade isn't even on my list of things I'm upset about.

Mcguire is irrelevant.  Guaranteeing Diekman 4.5 million dollars for no reason at all was just so incredibly stupid. It sums up Hahns tenure perfectly where the margins never mattered.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

At least it's something. Shuffling chairs is better than standing around.

How many of the players added today will even be on the 2024-25 roster? 

If you're not building at this point for the future... what the heck are you doing?  It's like putting a Band Aid on a fractured femur. 

We already went through 2016-2019 and found or discovered who exactly...Narvaez and McCann? 

I mean... maybe they luck out with Gregory Santos this year? 

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

At least it's something. Shuffling chairs is better than standing around.

It’s more the armchair GMs dig.  Are we supposed to be contended by any of these moves?  Sheets starting in RF every day?  More Elvis and Hanser?  Alex freaking Colomé?  What exactly are we doing here?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

It’s more the armchair GMs dig.  Are we supposed to be contended by any of these moves?  Sheets starting in RF every day?  More Elvis and Hanser?  Alex freaking Colomé?  What exactly are we doing here?  

The problem is the highly paid front office is the one who is supposed to have that answer. 🤡

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

How many of the players added today will even be on the 2024-25 roster? 

If you're not building at this point for the future... what the heck are you doing?  It's like putting a Band Aid on a fractured femur. 

We already went through 2016-2019 and found or discovered who exactly...Narvaez and McCann? 

I mean... maybe they luck out with Gregory Santos this year? 

And what exactly do you suggest or want them to do?

Did you really want them to keep Diekman the whole season? You know Peralta is 24... He very well may be a future BP arm moving forward. Why not give the kid a chance until Crochet returns?

Did you really want them to keep Colas right now where he clearly looked overmatched after only spending whopping 7 games in Charlotte last year? It's pretty obvious he needs to work on some stuff if he is going to have any resemblance of a productive major league career.

Is losing Romy to some phantom IL stint really gonna hurt the team? He can't hit, he can't field - I think they'll survive without Rick Hahn's prodigal son.

Sosa is the only guy I would have liked to see stay up, but it's pretty obvious they are still committed for whatever reason to Alberto and Andrus. I'd rather have him get consistent AB's than sit pine on a MLB team.

It's a long season. I'd put my money this isn't the last time we see some roster turnover again.

15 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

And what exactly do you suggest or want them to do?

Did you really want them to keep Diekman the whole season? You know Peralta is 24... He very well may be a future BP arm moving forward. Why not give the kid a chance until Crochet returns?

Did you really want them to keep Colas right now where he clearly looked overmatched after only spending whopping 7 games in Charlotte last year? It's pretty obvious he needs to work on some stuff if he is going to have any resemblance of a productive major league career.

Is losing Romy to some phantom IL stint really gonna hurt the team? He can't hit, he can't field - I think they'll survive without Rick Hahn's prodigal son.

Sosa is the only guy I would have liked to see stay up, but it's pretty obvious they are still committed for whatever reason to Alberto and Andrus. I'd rather have him get consistent AB's than sit pine on a MLB team.

It's a long season. I'd put my money this isn't the last time we see some roster turnover again.

Would like to see just one legit prospect at the AAA/AA level, like the Guardians and Twins have. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Good catch but sucks when you are participating in Dinger Tuesday on Fan Duel lol

JR is happy at least that you're gambling on baseball... 

Andrew now in the 660s range for OPS but at least the one DRS tonight. 

Edited by caulfield12