White Sox at Royals, 5/11/23

Balta1701

Just now, fathom said:

How did the minor league development staff think it would ever work in the majors?

Because they're awful. They figured he'd just figure it out himself, like he did in the minors. Baseball is littered with talented players who never made that final step, so it's beyond me why you'd ever make that assumption.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Timmy gets a perfect high sinker to pound and can’t hit it out of the infield

Batting him leadoff has always been a terrible idea but they fear moving him and in reality other than 8th or 9th he has no spot.  He can't hit with RISP and cannot do anything a MLB hitter is asked to do at the top of the order. 

Maybe he is just now uninterested but I actually don't think the market is all that great for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Clevinger is another guy who should be DFA in the coming months.  Hahn really sucks 

There are no bodies to even replace these guys.  Unless they are going to rush guys up this is what it is.  MAy as well run them out there, they are being paid.

Hahn cannot possible still have a job tomorrow....ah who the f*** am I kidding.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

No way anyone can watch this series and think anything besides “the Sox are a bottom 5 team in baseball”.   Blow it all up

So sad how many pieces of this core have taken steps backwards instead of forwards.

• Capn12 unpinned this topic