White Sox at Royals, 5/11/23

Balta1701

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Clevinger is another guy who should be DFA in the coming months.  Hahn really sucks 

an entire staff all losing their ability to pitch screams coaching philosophy and possibly clubhouse issues (to me), instead of bad talent eval.  could be just having bad pitchers but Clevingers still got a good arsenal and good velo, same with Cease and Kopech. they just aren't getting it done. I don't think they listen to Katz at all or he's giving them horrendous advice. he always sounded like a guy who would be great for young pitchers who can absorb this data driven/spin/tilt stuff, but older veteran guys who weren't groomed on that s%*# would have issues with a guy like Katz 

edit: yes I know Cease and Kopech are younger guys, I think they're just too emotional and lose focus very quickly

Edited by joejoesox

Just now, joejoesox said:

an entire staff all losing their ability to pitch screams coaching philosophy and possibly clubhouse issues (to me), instead of bad talent eval.  could be just having bad pitchers but Clevingers still got a good arsenal and good velo, same with Cease and Kopech. they just aren't getting it done. I don't think they listen to Katz at all or he's giving them horrendous advice. he always sounded like a guy who would be great for young pitchers who can absorb this data driven/spin/tilt stuff, but older veteran guys who weren't groomed on that s%*# would have issues with a guy like Katz 

Fire everyone and trade everyone fixes that 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I am shocked Grandal can’t stay healthy.  Another player that I’m very thankful is done after this season.

Should've signed Yan Gomes like I wanted them to when he was a free agent. Pretty good player came relatively cheap to the Cubs. Known for his ability to handle a staff and game planning.

• Like 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

What makes you think they'd get any players back that are different than the ones they have ? They have problems recognizing real baseball players.

That’s where the fire part comes from.  Get rid of Hahn and all his cronies and get a real GM.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

That’s where the fire part comes from.  Get rid of Hahn and all his cronies and get a real GM.

They cannot fire everyone soon enough to trade anyone.

Realistically there is little value in anyone other than Giolito at this time.

They are the Jim Boylan - Gar/Pax Bulls currently 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

They all look like they want the season to be over.  Have looked that way since second week of the season.  

TLR is really looking better and better as this season goes on. For whatever flaws he had, and he had a bunch, the team never tanked like this and it's basically the same team as last year.

• Like 1

Just now, The Mighty Mite said:

These guys can’t run without hurting themselves, never seen anything like this.

And when they do get hurt, it’s severe.  The other day, Nico looked like he tore his hamstring and he was available to play the next day.

Just now, The Mighty Mite said:

These guys can’t run without hurting themselves, never seen anything like this.

Organizational operations in player development, strength and conditioning, analytics, who name it and they are inept. 

Other than spending money, all be in foolishly, as an organization they do nothing right.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

TLR is really looking better and better as this season goes on. For whatever flaws he had, and he had a bunch, the team never tanked like this and it's basically the same team as last year.

Jerry’s plan

• Haha 1

Swing at ball four then strike out on the exact same pitch. ....holy f*** this team is something.  There is no ability to recognize what the f*** is going on.   Singer is struggling and that assclown Sheets bailed him out.

What the f*** does Sheets do that Coals cannot? 

Come on seriously. 

• Fire 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic