5/29/2023: Chicago White Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels 7:10 PM CDT TV: NBCSCH & National FS1; Radio WMVP AM 1000

11 hours ago, The Beast said:

Oh really? From many posts it sounds like people want a change. Not sure how many of you spend money on this team but cutting spending would be a better way than ripping Hahn, JR and Grifol over and over in repackaged new ways. Maybe not watching or following the team makes sense. Doing something is better than writing the same analytical or short posts over and over about the same cast of characters.

I have cut costs on the White Sox. I dropped my normal 10 game package I take my family to every year. In addition, I also usually go to several other individual games with various friends outside that package. Since I am missing those games this year, Reinsdorf is not getting my several hundreds of dollars I would have spent on food, beer and parking in each of those games.

However as a long time die-hard Sox fan, I am totally pissed at the owner and GM. I have personally been as loud as anyone on this forum for my constant harsh comments about my utter dislike of Reinsdorf and Hahn. Trust me, it will not stop and I will continue to bash them on SoxTalk.

I agree with you that fans should stop going to games to send a message. Unfortunately not enough of them will actually do it. I have stated that point on many posts.

My bottom line is, I agree with any poster on SoxTalk....if they want to scream and heavily criticize this POS dysfunctional organization, that is run by the worst owner in baseball, then go right ahead and you will never hear me blast that poster for their harsh comments.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Everyone here is free to condemn or defend this franchise. I might not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it.

Why can't this team get over the top and finish wins? They are competitive in almost every game. Is it leadership? Experience? Talent? Baseball stupid? It seems to be a different reason most every night. I can't believe other teams draft or assemble more talented or smarter players.  individuals yes but a team? Very frustrating to be so close every game but yet in the standings so far away.

5 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

Everyone here is free to condemn or defend this franchise. I might not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it.

Why can't this team get over the top and finish wins? They are competitive in almost every game. Is it leadership? Experience? Talent? Baseball stupid? It seems to be a different reason most every night. I can't believe other teams draft or assemble more talented or smarter players.  individuals yes but a team? Very frustrating to be so close every game but yet in the standings so far away.

They don’t do the little things to win games. They are now last in the American League in OBP with the fewest walks in the league, no one has told our dolts that a walk is as good as a hit and 100% better than a strikeout.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

They don’t do the little things to win games. They are now last in the American League in OBP with the fewest walks in the league, no one has told our dolts that a walk is as good as a hit and 100% better than a strikeout.

Fundamentals, little things, playing defense, baseball smarts are all unknown words to this organization. 

• Like 1

There are issues with talent evaluation from past Drafts and now up and down the system to the major league roster.

The result is a team with a talent deficit compared to other teams. A lot of over-rated players over-hyped players (e.g. Sheets, Vaughn, Benintendi and even Robert) on our roster and in our minor league system, so no useful reinforcements available when and where needed.

Plus...under-performance by the so-called core players abounds and we have an over-analytical Manager who puts his myopic in-game decision making through self-analysis while viewing game film into the wee hours of the night.

Tonight's game that nobody seems anxious to start a game thread on

LAA Batters AVG HR RBI SB
1WardLF
.220 4 17 1
2TroutCF
.283 12 29 0
3OhtaniDH
.263 12 33 7
4RenfroeRF
.248 10 29 0
5Drury2B
.249 9 27 0