5/31/2023 - Angels @ Sox (retroactive gamethread)

JoeC

10 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

The new schedule will show bad the AL Central is an how for 20 years this inept organization is the leading cause.  

Since the leagues have gone to a balanced schedule there is no reason for divisions. MLS figured it out.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Since the leagues have gone to a balanced schedule there is no reason for divisions. MLS figured it out.

Well, the schedules are less "balanced" than they are "more balanced". You play 13 against your division rather than 19, but you still only play everyone else in the league 7 times, and everyone else in the other league 3 times (except for your designated rival whom you play 4 times)

1 minute ago, skooch said:

Well, the schedules are less "balanced" than they are "more balanced". You play 13 against your division rather than 19, but you still only play everyone else in the league 7 times, and everyone else in the other league 3 times (except for your designated rival whom you play 4 times)

You are correct, I had a brain fart, that’s what happens when our team is getting pummeled.

26 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Alls not list. If the Sox don't improve,  they will be in line to draft the next Carson Fulmer.

With their lottery pick next season, they will give us all great joy by selecting the next Nick Madrigal.

Two 3,000 hit players, really can’t ask for more.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

48 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I think it’s embarrassing.

Got to get with the times. All the 4 major sports have divisions in North America. Yes weak teams make the playoffs, it creates false hope, and generates a lot of revenue  for owners from TV and capacity houses. But every once in a while the unexpected happens and one of the lesser teams win it all. Florida Panthers and Las Vegas Golden Knights are in the Stanley Cup Final this year. Neither one of those teams were favored to win it all this year but one of them will. Might not be an ideal TV match up though.

I do think with expanded playoffs it make the regular season less important and they should reduce the schedules back to 154 games  but once the money is scheduled to be in the coffers they don't want to remove it. It's hell on the pitchers health though. Those playoff arms with the extra games pitched need more recovery time. But like any sport being healthy means a lot.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

6 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I dare one of you to call into the postgame show on AM 1000 and rip Hahn, Grifol or JR.

Nah, you do it.  You love that s%*#, time to sack up and write down your diatribe and let it rip.  And post it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nah, you do it.  You love that s%*#, time to sack up and write down your diatribe and let it rip.  And post it 

Why should I? Let’s get some eloquent analysis out there and get some public ripping on the postgame with Connor. I know several posters eat that s%*# up so they should do it. My call would be to talk about what to do at the deadline which is still a bit premature.

Edited by The Beast