Sox @ Dodgers 9:10

Vote4Pedro

Lead 4-0; lose 5-4.

Comments:

Poor Cease. Poor hitting coach. Ridiculous failure after failure after Sox got their fourth run.

Conclusion: Sox coaches/front office afraid to actually coach their hitters, convince them that "at times" the TEAM needs situational baseball. Not swinging for the fences on cutters out of the zone. Pathetic.

Bullpen was OK but Crochet had no chance. I look for him on the DL soon.

Tonight's game: F for failure. 4-0 lead and total crap after that.

• Like 2

Not enough offense, overworked pitching staff, no execution in extra innings and the dam finally broke in extras. 1-2 on the trip against a meh Dodgers team. Seattle is another meh team up next. 3-3 on the trip would be ideal at this point. They might be sellers after the next couple of weeks.

• Like 4

Just now, wegner said:

I'm just not interested in Chuck and Ozzie after dark after a loss...sorry guys.

I muted the bottom frame of the 11th and turned the TV off when I saw Robert not move and the ball land. The darker loss was to the Marlins on Sunday.

• Fire 1

some more illustrations on display on how fucking dumb of a team we have.

Eloy swings at 4 pitches out of the strike zone in a key spot...

Burger gets up and the guy is throwing nothing but fastballs and two right down the middle.. burger doesnt swing...

then swings at a pitch out of the zone...

Its remarkable the level of dumb

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, harkness99 said:

lol what are you talking about... the ball hit the warning track.

Was Robert supposed to turn into Zeus and throw a lightening bolt from center field ..

You typically see guys give a courtesy effort, but oh well, not a big deal with all the other crap going on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

His physical skills have gone the way of Yoan’s

Yeah, his fastball has little movement and the loss of velo makes it very hittable. His secondary pitches aren’t very good either. I just don’t see how anyone can expect the dude to be a starter in the future when he’s never thrown over 70 innings in college or the pros. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, harkness99 said:

Burger gets up and the guy is throwing nothing but fastballs and two right down the middle.. burger doesnt swing...

Eloy was also trying to hit a 3 run homer instead of going to right field when it was obvious a sweeper was coming 

• Like 4

Just now, Vote4Pedro said:

Yeah, his fastball has little movement and the loss of velo makes it very hittable. His secondary pitches aren’t very good either. I just don’t see how anyone can expect the dude to be a starter in the future when he’s never thrown over 70 innings in college or the pros. 

I don’t think he will ever make it as a starter, but it’s worth trying.  He has a ton of red flags that make it feel like he has no shot.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Lead 4-0; lose 5-4.

Comments:

Poor Cease. Poor hitting coach. Ridiculous failure after failure after Sox got their fourth run.

Conclusion: Sox coaches/front office afraid to actually coach their hitters, convince them that "at times" the TEAM needs situational baseball. Not swinging for the fences on cutters out of the zone. Pathetic.

Bullpen was OK but Crochet had no chance. I look for him on the DL soon.

Tonight's game: F for failure. 4-0 lead and total crap after that.

Grifol is afraid to offend his players.  He trusts them all. What a joke of a manager.  Wrong manager for this undisciplined team.

• Like 1

Just now, hankchifan said:

Grifol is afraid to offend his players.  He trusts them all. What a joke of a manager.  Wrong manager for this undisciplined team.

It’s why he’s blowing his one and only chance as a MLB manager. Getting blasted by Nightengale this week illustrates how poorly he’s thought of.

• Like 2

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Well, that result was pretty much inevitable as soon as the grand salami landed. 

Good luck getting anything back for Lopez. 

Dodgers or Rays will get him and work on a sweeper while helping him maintain 100 mph

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s why he’s blowing his one and only chance as a MLB manager. Getting blasted by Nightengale this week illustrates how poorly he’s thought of.

He is a laughing stock around baseball, KC could not believe he was hired. He was on nobodies list to even get a interview.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Yes, I hate to complain about a guy with 3 home runs the last 2 days, but damn that was a bad at bat in the 11th by Jake. The Dodgers bullpen sucks. No excuse to not score in extras twice.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic