6/28 Games

BamaDoc

I wonder if Birmingham's offensive explosion had anything to do with going back to the regular baseball. That team has been horrible, but with Tatum and Ramos and once they get Montgomery back, you could imagine them being decent in the second half.

Just now, bighurt4life said:

Are they doctoring the balls in AA this year??

For the first half of the season the Southern League used a pre-tacked ball that increased spin rate but which was hard to control. Hard to judge any Southern League stats from the first half.

10 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Mieses, who has been terrible for most of the year with the pre-tacky ball, went 6-6 with 3 HRs.

Apparently earlier in the day he received a pep talk phone call from none other than our own Seby Zavala....."It too can happen to you kid"

I keep checking the Kannapolis website to see when Noah Schultz pitches next and he still hasn't pitched since June 16. As of yesterday that is 12 straight games not starting. 

Can someone please give me a more detailed answer on why Noah isn't pitching, other than the last explanation I heard here, which was sickness of some sort.

I don't comment much in this SoxTalk section, but I do follow the four teams from Low A to AAA. What has been going on for a few years now with the pitching on the Barons and especially Charlotte rosters, is the most ugly and horrific pitching performances imaginable. Here is the Charlotte pitching stats:

20th - (dead last)

ERA - 6.19

WHIP - 1.67

HR's - 1.57 per game

TBF  - Total batters faced - 3018

29th

BA against - .274

BB's - 5.45 per 9 IP

NF - # of pitches thrown 156.3 per game

With pitching being the most important aspect in baseball for winning, this is by far the biggest embarrassing blunder on Rick Hahn's horrible resume. I cant wait until MLB puts out their next updated farm system rankings. We are 26th now and I'm quite sure we will be going down further. 

Btw, I did not post the Barons stats, but they are also last in most of the same stats in their Southern league.

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I keep checking the Kannapolis website to see when Noah Schultz pitches next and he still hasn't pitched since June 16. As of yesterday that is 12 straight games not starting. 

Can someone please give me a more detailed answer on why Noah isn't pitching, other than the last explanation I heard here, which was sickness of some sort.

Schultz was supposed to start on Saturday. He woke up with a stomach bug and was scratched. He didn't feel well enough to go on Sunday either. He's scheduled to make his start on either Saturday or Sunday this weekend. 

6 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Schultz was supposed to start on Saturday. He woke up with a stomach bug and was scratched. He didn't feel well enough to go on Sunday either. He's scheduled to make his start on either Saturday or Sunday this weekend. 

Ok thanks for that update. Seems kind of long for a stomach bug! 

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

It was two days. They just kept everyone in rotation instead of slotting him in sooner essentially. 

Today is now going on 13 games and if he goes Saturday that is 15 games and if Sunday 16 games.

With all due respect, this is only low A ball. Noah needs to pitch. So what if they had to change the rotation. MLB teams do it all the team. This should never be an issue in low A ball. Low A ball, or for that matter any minor level baseball is only about one thing and that is developing position players and pitchers. They should never be worrying about rotations. 

But then again, this is just another example in the endless amount of reasons why Rick Hahn and the entire front office have to be fired. Hence why our farm system is ranked 26th and was 29th in 2022. 

White Sox motto: Stupid is as Stupid does!