7/18- White Sox at Mets, 6:10

flavum

5 hours ago, fathom said:

Unless they trade Cease, I think people are going to be very disappointed by the players they get in return

I agree, and not even because of Hahn and Co.'s incompetence of sifting through and obtaining the best players, but rather to maximize money off the books. I expect Lucas coupled with a Grandal or another cost they want off the books that no team would accept without the Lucas sweetener.

I expect them to keep Robert and Cease not because they actually intend on competing over the rest of their contracts but rather to have something to sell fans for 2024 ticket sales which will drop even further than this year with even the casual fan realizing Rick Con has not and cannot put together a quality team.

They will say they are confident in their prospect return, like the Cubs did when they traded Darvish for nominal prospects, but in reality I wouldn't expect much back unless they surprise me and trade guys and eat their 2023 / beyond contract money for max prospect value. Hell, I expect Jerry to throw in International Slot money now that they can again.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

Gio's leg kick at the end of his delivery annoys me. He's just another guy who needs to change his total approach. 

I agree with you. His leg should be planting down for leverage and not kicking forward like a karate kick. It's weird but I noticed Gio's leg kick more pronounced last night than in the past with his leg.

Then again, that is the weakness of this manager and his coaching staff. Watch when Gio goes to another good team like the Rays, or Dodgers and they they tweak a few things with his mechanics...and you will be seeing a much improved pitcher.

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I agree with you. His leg should be planting down for leverage and not kicking forward like a karate kick. It's weird but I noticed Gio's leg kick more pronounced last night than in the past with his leg.

Then again, that is the weakness of this manager and his coaching staff. Watch when Gio goes to another good team like the Rays, or Dodgers and they they tweak a few things with his mechanics...and you will be seeing a much improved pitcher.

I think it's by design. Cease does the same thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

You're right Cease does it too and they are both by design, or that is how they learned on their own at a young age. However I personally don't think it maximizes the best delivery results for either of them. I recall Mark Buehrle and Chris sale both had deliveries where the off leg got planted squarely. Nolan Ryan also was another great pitcher that had a very smooth delivery  where both feet firming planted on the ground after the pitch was released. 

I get both Cease and Gio probably don't or won't change their delivery, but I'm not convinced it's the best one for them. Just my opinion.

• Like 1