7/21 Games

BamaDoc

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Bad night for pitching.  The starters at mlb, AAA, AA, A+, and DSL all got clobbered.  Pallette was meh in A, ACL starter doing well so far.  Pitching development may need a serious overhaul.

This is so true about a drastic overhaul being needed. I can’t believe some of the minor league coaches are still employed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Bad night for pitching.  The starters at mlb, AAA, AA, A+, and DSL all got clobbered.  Pallette was meh in A, ACL starter doing well so far.  Pitching development may need a serious overhaul.

I would say overhauling player development (pitching specifically) is the most pressing organizational issue aside from replacing Jerry, Kenny, and Rick.

11 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I would say overhauling player development (pitching specifically) is the most pressing organizational issue aside from replacing Jerry, Kenny, and Rick.

it really seems like their sole plan is always to obscure responsibility. Is the failure due to poor coaching or poor philosophy? On the white Sox, no one knows because when they bring in a single “ great man” up top to change things (Katz, ostensibly Stevenson and sparks) they keep the same coaches. Is it the coaches failing, the philosophy or the scouts not giving the right players?

On the white Sox, no one can know. The coaches can fail the philosophy, but blame the philosophy and players. Scouts can blame the philosophy and players. Always Be Preparing a non-managerial level Scapegoat, the white Sox organizational philosophy. (ABPNS) or pronounced Abpenis

• bmags unpinned this topic