7/25 Game Thread: Cubs @ White Sox 7:10CT

Such a monumental match up deserves an early gamethread. Well done.

But seriously, have fun tomorrow. It's just baseball after all....no I'm not crying, it's that damn Canadian smoke again.

• Haha 2

• bmags pinned this topic

It might be good for firing Hahn and the 2024 draft pick if they lose here on out, but just like the Twins series I want the Sox to sweep because f*** the Twins, the Cubs, the Red Cubs, the Dodgers and the Yankees, in that order.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It might be good for firing Hahn and the 2024 draft pick if they lose here on out, but just like the Twins series I want the Sox to sweep because f*** the Twins, the Cubs, the Red Cubs, the Dodgers and the Yankees, in that order.

Red Cubs?

As much as I hate losing to the Cubs, the very last thing I want to see is those clowns sneaking into a wild card post season spot, it may be best for the Sox to really bottom-out, just lose...lose...and lose.

Lose 100 games if possible.

That may be the only thing that forces JR to change and even then I won't guarantee that it would...but you've got to try. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

As much as I hate losing to the Cubs, the very last thing I want to see is those clowns sneaking into a wild card post season spot, it may be best for the Sox to really bottom-out, just lose...lose...and lose.

That may be the only thing that forces JR to change and even then I won't guarantee that it would...but you've got to try. 

Nooooo chance they will catch any of the wild card spots. It’s division winner or bust for ALC teams.

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Nooooo chance they will catch any of the wild card spots. It’s division winner or bust for ALC teams.

I'm talking about the Cubs getting into the playoffs. They are only 6.5 out with two months to go and may no longer be sellers next week. 

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'm talking about the Cubs getting into the playoffs. They are only 6.5 out with two months to go and may no longer be sellers next week. 

More than half of their final 60+ games are against teams ahead of them in the standings.  6.5 back of MKE and 5 back of a Wild Card with about 5 superior teams they would need to leapfrog.  By all means let them not sell and then get their asses kicked by Cincy and ATL immediately following the deadline to knock them further back.

26 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

More than half of their final 60+ games are against teams ahead of them in the standings.  6.5 back of MKE and 5 back of a Wild Card with about 5 superior teams they would need to leapfrog.  By all means let them not sell and then get their asses kicked by Cincy and ATL immediately following the deadline to knock them further back.

I hope you are right.

13 hours ago, The Grinder said:

I'll amend my own post,  I hope we will sweep the cubs if nothing else to retain at least a fraction of pride in this worthless organization 

I’ve been rooting against this loser organization for a while now but I can never root for the Cubs.

Hopefully the series is rained out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

0% chance of a wild card happening.

100 losses is a possibility, even with beating the Cubs.

9 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

90% of the league is ahead of them in the standings.

Edit: sorry you were talking about the Cubs.

Edited by FloydBannister1983

16 hours ago, The Grinder said:

We prob get swept but at this point who cares??

It was mentioned in here a few days ago, that Jerry is supposedly very irritated about the fact is team is so horribly bad. I'm wondering if the Cubs will both games, would that hopefully fuel Jerry's fire even more and get him to be so mad to maybe start thinking about firing Hahn. Kenny can do the trades with help from Getz and others in his front office. I understand that probably isn't going to get Hahn fired, but it would hopefully anger and embarrass Jerry more. 

• Fire 1